MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Jul 2022, 14:44

It’s gonna be 110 today. Woohoo!!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 11 Jul 2022, 15:30

Minnie Cheddars wrote:It’s gonna be 110 today. Woohoo!!

And the Texas Electrical Grid may not (yet again) be up to the task! Woohoo!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jul 2022, 03:18

In the most middle class moment of my life so far, I've booked a native Texan wildlife expert to come and give our yard the once over to tell us what we should be growing and planting to make the space as biodiverse as possible with lots of pollinators. I am dreading her saying that we will need to get rid of manky old bushes that I have developed unfathomable affection for and have no intention of pulling up. I'm also sure she will tell us we have rats in the trees and I'll have to say My God! Rats! Are you sure? as opposed to what I normally do which is name all the rats I see with names beginning with "R" and talk to them in a high pitched voice.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Jul 2022, 03:19

:lol:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 20 Jul 2022, 14:10

So, today, we're having all the plumbing in the building (incoming, not outgoing) and we will have no water available between 9 and 5. I have been preparing for this in various ways and I'm ready, I think, but, it just highlights to me how reliant we are on such things that we take for granted 24/7. I feel for people who have to make do with much rougher conditions on a regular basis. It can't be easy.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Jul 2022, 13:55

Those videos of Joni Mitchell singing at Newport have just about done me in.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Jul 2022, 16:43

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Those videos of Joni Mitchell singing at Newport have just about done me in.

Indeed. Both Sides Now is amazing.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Jul 2022, 17:05

Six String wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Those videos of Joni Mitchell singing at Newport have just about done me in.

We both sat watching last night just bawling like twats.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Jul 2022, 17:45

Minnie Cheddars wrote:
Six String wrote:

We both sat watching last night just bawling like twats.

:D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 28 Jul 2022, 09:57

Painting my stairwell today. Did all the prep on Tuesday, looking better already, and now whizz round with the roller and Bob will be uncle.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 28 Jul 2022, 17:54

Here in Montreal, there is a huge annual series/competition of fireworks displays, hosting a multitude of countries. The next one, next week, will be offered by England. The show is always accompanied by music, often as a specific tribute.

I just learned that England's show will feature the music of Andrea Bocelli, Abba, Bonnie Tyler, Coldplay, Paul McCartney and Queen. Does England now include Italy, Sweden and Wales? I had no clue.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Jul 2022, 15:53

A mum raccoon and her (adorable) pups have moved happily into our chimney. Much as I enjoy watching them trotting off in the evening to root through compost piles, I’m a bit worried about what they are doing to the chimney, not to mention the fact that they’ve started to use our porch as a latrine. I bought something made of raccoon predator piss which you put near their home which evicts them within two days. We squirted it onto a rag and then put it on a stick and then shoved it up the chimney dampener. I couldn’t believe the smell - like a gallon of two week old infected piss. Here’s hoping they get the message and move on!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Jul 2022, 16:25

Start a fire in your fireplace and smoke them out. Yeah, in July.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 31 Jul 2022, 07:25

Racoon pups are great. You barbecue the meat and use the skin for a fur cot.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Jul 2022, 13:54

Positive passion wrote:Racoon pups are great. You barbecue the meat and use the skin for a fur cot.

Why would you write that? I mean, totally unnecessary.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Jul 2022, 14:17

Six String wrote:Start a fire in your fireplace and smoke them out. Yeah, in July.

No. The scent method gets mum and babies to move out at their own pace to another safe place of her choosing. Smoke and fire causes panic and risks hurting them all.

Dr Markus wrote:

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 31 Jul 2022, 14:20

Minnie Cheddars wrote:
Positive passion wrote:Racoon pups are great. You barbecue the meat and use the skin for a fur cot.

Why would you write that? I mean, totally unnecessary.

Yes, fair enough. I was thinking of Cruella de Vil for some reason, but it was as you say totally unnecessary.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Aug 2022, 17:35

Today is the first cloudy and below 100 weather that we have had for a long time. On the way back from visiting Baron’s folks we just took a lovely dip in the cold waters of the San Marcos river - blissful.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Aug 2022, 14:48

I was at home yesterday and Baron was in Houston. The house felt like a hotbox, despite me having doors closed, fans on and blinds down. The cats could barely stand and I assumed I either had Covid, dengue fever or it was the old hormones. I went out to dinner with a friend after taking a shower. After the shower, I had beads of sweat pouring off me- the size of pearls.
When Baron got home he asked me if the house had been unreasonably hot-it had- and he discovered the AC was broken. It was 88 in the house. Luckily, someone came out to repair it in the evening pretty promptly. The reason I'm mentioning this is because all I can think about is how British houses are totally ill equipped for this sort of thing, and shit is going to get pretty real over the next few years.

Dr Markus wrote:

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 11 Aug 2022, 14:56

Indeed, I called an A/C guy I've never used at 7:30 pm in the midst of the hottest summer in living memory (the guy told me he was basically working sunup to sundown every day since May), and I was able to join Min and our friends at their house for a beer by 9:30 with cold air blowing. I'm plenty critical of almost every aspect of 21st Century America, but I can't imagine it going that way at Min's place in Lancashire!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Return to “Nextdoorland”