MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 May 2022, 05:10

The guy on hotel reception this morning wanted to practice his English and what he wanted to say was ‘you have had a long stay.’ Instead, he said ‘ I think you have lived too long’

:lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 May 2022, 05:11

Or maybe that’s what he meant :(

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 10 Jun 2022, 17:02

My Mum would've been 96 today.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Jun 2022, 02:00

Saké!

Three new batches (different yeast for each but same koji) coming soon. For now I am drinking good commercial saké.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Jun 2022, 04:12

I have been in a rare bad mood all day today. No real reason why. I hope I wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow because it annoys me no end to be in a bad mood. See what I mean? Huh!?
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Jun 2022, 18:30

They played ‘Pink Orange Red’ by Cocteau Twins on the local radio this morning at about 6:30. I was chuffed as mint balls!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Jun 2022, 14:58

Last night I ate the best arancini I’ve ever tasted. I’ve got to learn to make them!

Dr Markus wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 17 Jun 2022, 15:16

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Last night I ate the best arancini I’ve ever tasted. I’ve got to learn to make them!

Never heard of them but checking them out, I'd love to try them. I will be keeping me eyes open.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Jun 2022, 15:30

souphound wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Last night I ate the best arancini I’ve ever tasted. I’ve got to learn to make them!

Never heard of them but checking them out, I'd love to try them. I will be keeping me eyes open.

You should! Little treasures.

Dr Markus wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Jun 2022, 01:29

Today, I decided that I was taking a real vacation day. I've been busy of late and saw an opportunity to just RELAX today. Do what I want to do when I want to do it (other than feeding Phoebe of course, she always decides when the time is ripe for that, which is all the bloody time. :) ).

But seriously, I stayed up late last night watching old sitcoms reruns. Slept in almost until noon, rose to a slight rain outside and cool air. Slowly had my herbal tea and then prepared a brunch of sausages, eggs, taters and lots of cheddar. relaxed for a couple of hours, watching more reruns and playing fun little games on my phone. and on and on.

Oh, it has been well worth it. Well worth it.

You know, it's amazing sometimes to just sit there and stare at the sleeping cat for 5 minutes.

It's only 8pm and I wonder if I should get dressed or just stay in my pjs. :D Phoebe has no opinion on the matter.

Ooooops. I thought I was making an entry in my diary. Oh well. Sorry about that. Where's my eraser now I wonder? I'll look for it tomorrow.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Jun 2022, 17:18

The municipal pool across the street is finally open for the season. It actually opened yesterday. It was raning buckets, so, nobody showed. Today, so far, it's sunny but only 14C outside (it's a large outdoor pool). I haven't seen anyone enter yet. That'll be different later when the thermometer hits above 20C I think.

I never use the pool anyway. I've always been a horrible swimmer, one that sinks to the bottom straight away. Ole bag'o'bones.

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Jun 2022, 21:23

Two new batches of saké pressed, one to go. So far so good.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Jun 2022, 22:19

Six String wrote:Two new batches of saké pressed, one to go. So far so good.

Good stuff!!

I took off work early today. It’s hideous and hot, and I’ve come to a local bar and I’ve got a good seat at the bar. The wine is fucking lovely and the AC is on. I’ve got a great book and I’m pretty happy. Y’all should join me!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Jun 2022, 15:08

It’s very hot here as well 100 F +/- 3. I skipped open mic last night because of the temp but found myself practicing the lyrics to Wicked Game (Chris Isaak) in my sleep.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Jun 2022, 06:32

Weekend before last, my nephew got married in North Carolina. My brother Jon and his wife and daughter flew in from Seattle, and we all (including the groom's parents and others) stayed in a lovely beach house for the wedding weekend and a couple days either side of it. It was a wonderful wedding, and after that beach stay we moved on to other brother Jim's place in Virginia for a few days. A really nice hang.

... except that my Seattle sister-in-law came down with a cold towards the end of it, and then my niece did too. By the time I got back home, I had it as well. I did a home covid test that night, and it was negative; I was supposed to do another the next night, but forgot.

Got a text from Jon this evening that my niece (who's a school teacher) tested positive for covid. My sister-in-law got a PCR test and she'll find out tomorrow. So I did a home test, and it's positive, too. (For the record: per the bride and groom's wishes, everyone at the wedding - at least theoretically - got covid-tested beforehand.) So far it's just felt like a head cold, with an occasional dry cough - a cruddy feeling, but nothing too alarming.

Yeehaw!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Jul 2022, 02:47

Hope you’re feeling better soon Charlie!
We didn’t enjoy our bout with it at all.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Jul 2022, 23:53

Baron grilled some veggiburgers, asparagus, peppers, cabbage and courgettes on the grill and they were ace. The July 4th of his dreams!!

Dr Markus wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Jul 2022, 18:46

Since early morning, my cellphone service provider has been out of commission. It is one of the largest providers in Canada and is affecting tons and tons of people and businesses. They are staying mum about the cause and when the issue is supposed to be resolved. Most businesses are only taking cash or credit cards right now, across the bloody country. Insanity.

I'll have to trek all the way to my physical bank to get enough cash for the whole weekend, just in case. At least one hour of my life wasted, which is little compared to people more inconveniently located than I happen to be.

Sad how dependent we have become on networks and technology in general.

Carry on. I'm just frustrated. I had booked this lovely Friday afternoon off from work not expecting to spend my time thus. Arghhhhh.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Jul 2022, 19:47

Some Rogers customers may experience issues connecting with 9-1-1 because of a network outage. If you have an emergency, try calling 9-1-1 first. If your call fails, try again from a landline or cellphone with another provider.

:shock: :?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Jul 2022, 11:15

I have absolutely no idea what ) and  mean when they appear on Facebook in a person's comment.

:?
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Return to “Nextdoorland”