MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 24 Jun 2020, 15:48

Minnie the Minx wrote:Baron seasoned our new wok last night!

I too love to season my pans during the hottest time of the year.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 24 Jun 2020, 18:35

Second bout of gout in three weeks. I wouldnt mind so much if I'd been absolutely hammering it. Been fairly sensible in my diet and have barely drank any booze.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 24 Jun 2020, 19:26

harvey k-tel wrote:I too love to season my pans during the hottest time of the year.

Filthy pervert! :o
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Jun 2020, 22:00

I just had my first melon of the season, an Ambrosia which is a type of cantaloupe. Sweet, aromatic and utterly delicious. Next week they'll be even better since it's been so hot.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Jun 2020, 19:53

I started a little food experiment today with the plums from the backyard. I have way too many to possibly eat and they are small this year so I've decided to cook them down in a slowcooker without adding sugar or anything else. That way I can try some different flavoring approaches, both savory and sweet to see what works. I'll freeze the pulp in small batches to preserve them and bring some out when the mood strikes and play around with it. I don't really want to make jam with it so that's why I'm giving this a go. Last year I put some in my dehydrater but it made a sticky mess in the process so I thought I'd try this. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 03 Jul 2020, 12:17

Plenty of petrol on sale with no queues today but not a jar of either Marmite or Vegemite to be had for the last 2 weeks.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jul 2020, 22:22

I’m getting drunk in about an hour and a half and I can’t FUCKING WAIT!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Jul 2020, 22:49

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m getting drunk in about an hour and a half and I can’t FUCKING WAIT!

Shall I bump your Rate Your Hangover thread in anticipation?

:| :idea:
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jul 2020, 23:17

:(

Don’t harsh my mellow, man!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 09 Jul 2020, 14:48

Six String wrote:I started a little food experiment today with the plums from the backyard. I have way too many to possibly eat and they are small this year so I've decided to cook them down in a slowcooker without adding sugar or anything else. That way I can try some different flavoring approaches, both savory and sweet to see what works. I'll freeze the pulp in small batches to preserve them and bring some out when the mood strikes and play around with it. I don't really want to make jam with it so that's why I'm giving this a go. Last year I put some in my dehydrater but it made a sticky mess in the process so I thought I'd try this. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Are they plums or damsons les? I’m thinking either could nicely be added to some gin or vodka.

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Jul 2020, 21:16

Jumper K wrote:
Six String wrote:I started a little food experiment today with the plums from the backyard. I have way too many to possibly eat and they are small this year so I've decided to cook them down in a slowcooker without adding sugar or anything else. That way I can try some different flavoring approaches, both savory and sweet to see what works. I'll freeze the pulp in small batches to preserve them and bring some out when the mood strikes and play around with it. I don't really want to make jam with it so that's why I'm giving this a go. Last year I put some in my dehydrater but it made a sticky mess in the process so I thought I'd try this. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Are they plums or damsons les? I’m thinking either could nicely be added to some gin or vodka.

They are Santa Rosa plums. That's a good idea. My reduction process went well. I froze the purée in smaller plastic bags so I could try some small batch ideas without having to defrost the whole lot. Thanks!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Jul 2020, 21:17

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m getting drunk in about an hour and a half and I can’t FUCKING WAIT!

Well? How was it?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Jul 2020, 21:23

Six String wrote:

Well? How was it?

Ssssh. Not so loud.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Jul 2020, 21:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:

Well? How was it?

Ssssh. Not so loud.

:lol:
R and I got pretty toasted on Mezcal last Sunday listening to the John And Mary Show.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Jul 2020, 22:40

Jumper K wrote:

After thinking on this a few minutes it dawned on me that you might have meant a plum/vodka infusion? Initially I was thinking of my purée and adding it to a cocktail but that probably wouldn't work very well. Packing a large jar with plums and filling it with vodka and allowing it get acquainted sounds like the better idea. The tree still has plenty of plums so that is still possible. Thoughts?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jul 2020, 03:01

Six String wrote:
After thinking on this a few minutes it dawned on me that you might have meant a plum/vodka infusion? Initially I was thinking of my purée and adding it to a cocktail but that probably wouldn't work very well. Packing a large jar with plums and filling it with vodka and allowing it get acquainted sounds like the better idea. The tree still has plenty of plums so that is still possible. Thoughts?

In Japan it's called umeshu. Ume=plum.

Question authority.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 10 Jul 2020, 05:31

Six String wrote:
Jumper K wrote:

Thats exactly what I was thinking of Les. Like Sloe Gin.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 12 Jul 2020, 12:15

Jimbly wrote:Second bout of gout in three weeks. I wouldnt mind so much if I'd been absolutely hammering it. Been fairly sensible in my diet and have barely drank any booze.

and back again.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

`

Postby ` » 12 Jul 2020, 12:30

Know people who suffers with/from it and you have my sympathies.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 12 Jul 2020, 16:14

Thanks, think it might be heading for permanent medication.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Return to “Nextdoorland”