Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: K EATS HIS OWN JOBBY

Postby Goat Boy » 18 Apr 2015, 22:49

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:20 pm

K wrote:I'm just as god made me, Sir.

K's last post before his sabbatical on a Man Utd thread

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:24 pm

K wrote:You're a fucking cock, Coan, an utter waste of time.

K's first post after said sabbatical
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 18 Apr 2015, 22:57

Wait - I thought I didn't have any pals?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 18 Apr 2015, 22:58

Andrews Sisters conundrum wrote:Wait - I thought I didn't have any pals?

the people who didn't vote you Biggest Cunt?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Apr 2015, 23:01

:P
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Apr 2015, 23:02

Andrews Sisters conundrum wrote:There are a handful of people - K, Deebank, Rother et al - who contribute very little to the general discussions on the board and only rear their tiresome mushes on these types of threads to talk about how annoyed they are by everything.

This is actually completely untrue. All three of them contribute. Maybe in places you don't see, but - while I'm not necessarily a fan of their posting or music taste - they're not the problem. The problem is that long-term posters who have proven that their purpose here is mainly social and/or musical are posting less because they don't find the place hospitable any more.

I'm one of those namby-pamby liberals, of course, but if the choice is lose one guy or a multitude of my friends, I know which side I'm on.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 18 Apr 2015, 23:04

K wrote:As long as we put to rest the idea that Coan has his pals that like to leap to his rescue, hey?

Is that the best you can do? So you post some shit about Van Halen, go you, you are obsessed with Coan and his perceived influence on the board. So much so that your VERY FIRST POST ON YOUR RETURN IS A DIG AT COAN. How perfect. Beautiful. And to think you have the fucking NERVE to come on here with your JUST IGNORE 'EM BULLSHIT. But hey, you've got him on ignore now, huh? Idiot.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Apr 2015, 23:08

Fucking hell.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Apr 2015, 23:16

toomanyhatz wrote:
Andrews Sisters conundrum wrote:There are a handful of people - K, Deebank, Rother et al - who contribute very little to the general discussions on the board and only rear their tiresome mushes on these types of threads to talk about how annoyed they are by everything.

This is actually completely untrue.

It's not completely untrue.

And what they do - what you're seeing here - is symptomatic of the malaise: people these days are happier jumping into threads like this to point fingers and whinge than talk about music.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 18 Apr 2015, 23:19

I don't think those three can be compared to Foxhound to be fair. We're in danger here of just turning this into a free for all against posters we don't like.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 18 Apr 2015, 23:21

Andrews Sisters conundrum wrote:
And what they do - what you're seeing here - is symptomatic of the malaise: people these days are happier jumping into threads like this to point fingers and whinge than talk about music.

Like you jump in on my Prog Cup-thread complaining how this is the final nail in BCBs coffin?

Tolerance certainly never is at a premium here, isn't it?

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Apr 2015, 23:22

The Modernist wrote:I don't think those three can be compared to Foxhound to be fair. We're in danger here of just turning this into a free for all against posters we don't like.

I don't think it was me who first brought up other posters, but yeah - point taken.

never/ever wrote:

Like you jump in on my Prog Cup-thread complaining how this is the final nail in BCBs coffin?

Tolerance certainly never is at a premium here, isn't it?

Humour clearly isn't, either. :)

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 18 Apr 2015, 23:25

Humour clearly isn't, either. :)

:lol:

Rather sad, isn't it?
I'm more inclined to think the worst of you than accentuate the positive....

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Apr 2015, 23:26

As ever.

Ho hum.

martha
rambling rose

Re: all this stupid bullshit

Postby martha » 18 Apr 2015, 23:28

PENK wrote:
martha wrote:
PENK wrote:
Martha, a simple rule. IGNORE WHAT ANNOYS YOU. It is liberating.

I'm not annoyed, well not yet anyway, but the day is young...

I'm seriously not understanding the humor there.

The humour, such as it was, was in your making a post advising posters to ignore stuff that annoyed them (using the line I copied and pasted there), then right away posting something expressing your annoyance with something. It's the humour in drawing attention to apparent contradictions. Nothing to get so wound up over.

Yeah sorry -- I understood YOUR attempt at humor Penk. That wasn't what I didn't get.

What I didn't understand was why "Andrews Sisters condundrum" found googs post so LOL-o-rific.

See my original post.

martha wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:Foxhound, let it go. Not the same as surrendering, but you don't have to fight on my behalf. I just want peace.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it funny?

Seriously you guys are being dickheads about this. Grow up for fucksake.

But anyway.....

PENK wrote:As for the rest of your post, put simply Foxhound is a troll. I am not posting very much at the moment and it is mainly because I can't be bothered with that prick following me and half the rest of the board around just to try and get into fights. Frankly I'm surprised at you posting in depth and with such feeling on the homophobia thread and then defending this dickhead.

He's a troll and he should just be banned, whatever the fucking principles the soapbox brigade might like to pontificate about. There is no moral stance to be made here, it's just a choice: do we ban the troll, or do we let him piss all over the board?

What makes it worse is that all of this just makes it even sweeter for him. This shit is what trolls want. Ban him and have done with it. The board has been a better, nicer place since yellowjacket was suspended, and it's not like that temporary suspension two years ago opened the floodgates for more bans, is it? Is Foxhound really worth dragging the place down again? Because that's what's happening. His presence is poisoning the board. He's a troll. Ban him.

Googa shouldn't be banned, by the way. I don't think he should post here, but that's for a variety of reasons, and I don't think he's a troll, certainly not in the same sense as Foxhound. I think the board just brings out the worst in him and others.

See I don't see him as a troll. He may be an utter fucktard in how he deals with others, but my interactions with him have always been civil and cordial and frankly I've never seen him be a fucktard to anyone who wasn't in turn being a fucktard to him as well since he and I exchanged PM's years back over his initial misreading of the "rules" of the site. I've had nothing but friendly correspondence with him here and while I don't share his music taste, I don't yours either, so it's not much different for me on that level.

I just know that when he arrived, he made mistakes, others did too in how they responded to him and the culture here is hard to get. All my interactions since have been pleasant enough...but I don't see his posts at all usually -- he doesn't tend to comment in the threads I do.

So from my perspective, it's a bunch of posters that don't get on with him, wanting to drive him off and I don't see it as fundamentally different than what I went through.

Some of the people that don't get on with him and see him as a troll are my friends, yourself included. He may be a total dickhead and you could all be right that he's just a troll -- certainly I prefer many other people here to him. But I still see his perspective on things. I'm not really championing him per se so much as I am highlighting an issue here that has an effect on how we are perceived by newer members to the site.
--m.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Apr 2015, 23:40

martha wrote:
What I didn't understand was why "Andrews Sisters condundrum" found googs post so LOL-o-rific.

GoogaMooga wrote:Foxhound, let it go. Not the same as surrendering, but you don't have to fight on my behalf. I just want peace.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it funny?

Seriously you guys are being dickheads about this. Grow up for fucksake.

Because GoogaMooga, who's been the cause of SO much shit over the last couple of years, appears now to see himself as this humble, Zen-like presence who rises above all squabbles and wants nothing more than peace - and expects others to follow. And the deluded wording of the thing - 'you don't have to fight on my behalf'! It's laughable.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 18 Apr 2015, 23:41

martha wrote:
See I don't see him as a troll. He may be an utter fucktard in how he deals with others, but my interactions with him have always been civil and cordial and frankly I've never seen him be a fucktard to anyone who wasn't in turn being a fucktard to him as well since he and I exchanged PM's years back over his initial misreading of the "rules" of the site. I've had nothing but friendly correspondence with him here and while I don't share his music taste, I don't yours either, so it's not much different for me on that level.

I just know that when he arrived, he made mistakes, others did too in how they responded to him and the culture here is hard to get. All my interactions since have been pleasant enough...but I don't see his post at all usually -- he doesn't tend to comment in the threads I do. So from my perspective, it's a bunch of posters that don't get on with him, wanting to drive him off and I don't see it as fundamentally different than what I went through.

You're one of the few that's managed to have a convivial relationship with him then. But that doesn't characterise his dealings with others on the board.
If I had the time or inclination I could direct you to many,many examples where he initiates the conflict. The idea that he is simply defending himself from attack is simply untrue. He's a troll who goes looking for arguments with just about anyone he can find.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 18 Apr 2015, 23:45

Because GoogaMooga, who's been the cause of SO much shit over the last couple of years, appears now to see himself as this humble, Zen-like presence who rises above all squabbles and wants nothing more than peace - and expects others to follow. And the deluded wording of the thing - 'you don't have to fight on my behalf'! It's laughable.

Ah. I missed the Googa being a shit thing too. I just find him banal and annoying. I am not bothered by him at all.
--m.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 18 Apr 2015, 23:59

edited as posted before GM was banned.
Last edited by Jimbly on 19 Apr 2015, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Apr 2015, 01:46

edit
Last edited by Rayge on 19 Apr 2015, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

sloopjohnc

Re: xxxxxxx

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Apr 2015, 02:25

I'm done with the guy.

And it takes a lot for me to lose my patience.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Return to “Nextdoorland”