The Official CAG & Feeb Splicing Thread NOW WITH PHOTOS

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
Bungo the Mungo

Re: The Official CAG & Feeb Splicing Thread

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 22 Mar 2009, 23:27

I hope you have a great trip, and a great future together. You're both gems.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 23 Mar 2009, 00:46

All mimsy wrote:
brotherlouie wrote:Had no idea about this. Congratulations.

Play the expanded Basement Tapes. Perfect weirdness for flyover country.

Also totally second this. for the same reasons.

("PLease mrs. henry. Mrs. Henry plEASE")

Yes! Great idea!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

chunky

Postby chunky » 23 Mar 2009, 00:55

For the crime spree music, take Pat Garret & Billy the Kid - make sure "Turkey Chase" is cued for the getaway. John Wesley Harding would be good also, although not for the senseless killing bit.
If, during the crime spree, you kick anyone in the balls, be sure to eliminate them because:
1/ It's the humane thing to do.
and
2/ They will never really forgive you and may even tell their mothers and this could get you into all sorts of trouble. Ask Sensei.
Enjoy your new life!
I'm a country member.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Mar 2009, 01:00

For me, the ultimate road trip song is Two of Us off of Let it Be. It's a good song about past travels, current travels, and future travels.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

Postby Matty Red Sox » 23 Mar 2009, 01:53

Congrats...

The best stuff that I listened to on my cross USA trips were... a great two disc collection from Them..., a crapload of Blasters, CCR, and X's More Fun in the New World. I recommend the Gun Club for night driving.... oh and Springsteen's Nebraska and some Woody.
the Eagles suck.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 23 Mar 2009, 04:10

sloopjohnc wrote:For me, the ultimate road trip song is Two of Us off of Let it Be. It's a good song about past travels, current travels, and future travels.

Excellent. Especially since you are "going home" like the song says.

Sometimes you'll want shorter songs with lyrics, as there may be a few times when both of you just don't feel like conversing, and the lyrics could be more prominent. The first Moby Grape album is one of the great road trip albums, even if the "trip" is just ten miles across town. Fall On You, Come In The Morning, Omaha, Changes - all this and more in just half an hour. You may even play it twice in a row, it's that much fun.

If you both like Coltrane, that's perfect "make the time fly by" music. When I was working alone at night, I'd bring in a bunch of his stuff to play, and oddly enough, it's the later-period stuff that worked best. Of course, that's because (a) the music was familiar to me, (b) no one was subjecting me to it, and (c) I wasn't subjecting anyone else to it. But after an hour or two, all that Ascension / Meditations / Live In Japan / etc. stuff, something would happen where the instruments began to cancel each other out, forming some sort of aural miasma that actually made it easier to concentrate on my work. Maybe because it was less song-oriented than his earlier stuff, who knows.

I could see something spacier working on that same level, like Fripp & Eno, as long as it's still early enough in the day and you don't need something to help keep you awake and focused. That can be great fun in the early afternoon part of the drive. (Maybe that disc I sent you would come in handy for that?)

For the "space with drums" effect, there's the opening track on Neu! 2 (whatever it's called), A Sprinkling Of Clouds by Gong, The Soft Weed Factor by Soft Machine, stuff like that. Having longer songs in general helps when you're in one of the stretches where the sights aren't seeable enough, or the passenger is taking a nap, and it's more about making distance and getting the drive over with.

Oh, and as for your crime spree getaway music: anything with banjoes and fiddles. Perfect for when you cruss de kah-nee lahhhhhhhn, and all the shee-reffs hot on your trail suddenly come to a screeching halt, step out of the car, scratch their foreheads, then throw their hats on the ground as you speed off into the sunset and the credits roll. Works every time!

"Quite."

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 23 Mar 2009, 04:41

Thanks for the music suggestions all. We're going to be on the road for more than three days and there are some great suggestions here (although I have to buy some more CD-Rs now... we've already got about 25-30 discs burned for the trip now).

I have about 95% of my packing/ throwing away done, but the CDs are waiting til last (as always). I've never thrown out so much shit in my life.

Today, we also tricked-out Sonny's travel case with comfy pads and a nice blanket. He likes it so much, he's already hanging out in there:

You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 23 Mar 2009, 15:37

Okay, the internet here could be going off any second now.

I will continue posting bollocks until then.

So, we'll be seeing you guys in about a week from the Mile High City.

SALUTE!
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 23 Mar 2009, 15:38

You know how when there's a book, movie, album you enjoy and can remember your first experience with it and you look forward to someone else experiencing that? Seeing the responses on this thread of the people learning for the first time of the positively elevating news of these two fine people becoming a duo is kind of like that.
Isn't it great!?

I bid a safe and memorable journey. I hope Sonny's a good traveller. But if nothing else I know you'll both spoil him to see to it he's happy too.

Sounds like you're set for music already. Which is just as well because my recommendation would be to leave yourselves open for spur of the moment cd purchases from truck stops. Of any sort, whether seeming perverse, or an excuse to delve into an artist. A Little Willie John cassette a friend picked up under such circumstance during a road trip was great in that we were all getting to discover the music together and it is as imprinted on the trip as anything else. Sharing something during this monumental time in your lives can be a neat touchstone.
Either that or stop somewhere and get tattoos.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 23 Mar 2009, 15:38

king feeb wrote:Okay, the internet here could be going off any second now.

I will continue posting bollocks until then.

So, we'll be seeing you guys in about a week from the Mile High City.

SALUTE!

Good luck, T!

Geoff
Abba Fan

Postby Geoff » 23 Mar 2009, 15:48

sonny, superstar wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:Is Sonny OK with this idea of shacking up?

It's totally disgusting really.

But CAG feeds me good, so no complaints here.

You'd probably enjoy Pet Sounds on repeat? Anyway, have a safe trip; try not to mew & caterwaul & good luck to your people.
megeoff.blogspot.ca

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 23 Mar 2009, 15:55

king feeb wrote:Image

Looks like Sonny is ready to roll! Have a great trip guys!
The crazy music drives you insane

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 23 Mar 2009, 22:14

king feeb wrote: I've never thrown out so much shit in my life.

Great news! One of the best things about changing your life massively.

My first, totally selfish reaction was "Cool, maybe they can come to an L.A. jolly up." I know it's a long way though. Considering Goldwax has trouble making it 10 miles for them, I can see how it might be even harded for you guys.

Great to hear the good news. You're both sweethearts (except Feeb).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 23 Mar 2009, 22:16

Debi -

I give it a week before he hits on you.

;)
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Re: The Official Feeb and CAG Splicing Thread

Postby The Slider » 24 Mar 2009, 12:04

Diamond Dog wrote:Fucking hell, I've been slow on the uptake here. I really did not know. :o

Heartiest congrats to the pair of you - that is smashing news!!

That.

How lovely!
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

toomanypillowz
Location: The Historic Wilshire Vista District in Los Angeles

Postby toomanypillowz » 25 Mar 2009, 17:11

Awww, I am so happy for you two. :) You are THE super-cool couple. I haven't had time to go on BCB in the past few days (I'm home sick today, so I'll have PLENTY of time today), but Hatz has kept me in the loop as to your travels. I hope you have a very safe trip (if you haven't arrived there already by the time of this post). xoxo
Lance Matthew wrote:Oh, I've always inspired extreme reactions. I can reduce normal people to screaming harpies in minutes.

toomanyhatz wrote: Fuck you with a Craftsman rotary drill.

toomanypillowz
Location: The Historic Wilshire Vista District in Los Angeles

Postby toomanypillowz » 25 Mar 2009, 17:13

So cute! That was a good idea to get him acclimated to the carrier before the trip, so he'll just think he's hanging out in a comfy little box, and not . . . THE CARRIER. :o
Lance Matthew wrote:Oh, I've always inspired extreme reactions. I can reduce normal people to screaming harpies in minutes.

toomanyhatz wrote: Fuck you with a Craftsman rotary drill.

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 25 Mar 2009, 17:20

Listen to Nervous Norvus. Transfusion should fit.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Mar 2009, 21:08

Don't know you as well as most people do but a heartfelt congrats and a lot of success wished to the both of you!

Should've send you some Porcupine Tree for the road...or perhaps Godspeed....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Mar 2009, 02:08

Just talked to D&T- they're in beautiful Toledo, Ohio. According to the field report (confirmed by both):

1) They found the nastiest woman in the world- she lives in Syracuse, NY, and for some reason works behind the desk at a hotel there.

2) They got hopelessly lost looking for said hotel.

3) Sonny's doing great, and is currently enjoying watching the TV.

4) They've just had the worst meal of their lives (no bacon to be found, apparently).

5) The prog discs have not been played yet, though they're being threatened (Debi is in turn thinking up various ways to use the words "poison," "prog" and "justifiable homicide" in the same sentence).

I wished them well from all here. Their next move is to attempt to avoid the blizzards currently raging through Iowa and Nebraska. But other than that (and the issues detailed above) they say they're doing great.

More news as it happens.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”