May Reviews

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Re: May Reviews

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 23 Jul 2017, 20:24

Am I the last to review (as usual…)?
This mix certainly comes from Minnie as it included a get well card. Only a Dame would do that.
Thanks for this!

01. A strange one to start with. A South American rhythm followed by scratching. Yes scratching. Pretty good number to start with by what must be a very strange band.
02. This sounds like The House of Love which I adore. It isn’t them but an outstanding copy. Love it.
03. Rocky number, almost rockabilly and I should know that voice. I’m guessing Wreckless Eric. Another one I like.
04. This one sounds après Punk all jangly guitars and pounding drums. Not so fond of it.
05. Bit more of the same although better quality recording. The title must be ‘girls who play guitars’. Not really my thing neither.
06. Things slow down here with some electronica involved and female vocals. Yeah, I appreciate this.
07. Don’t know who this is but it’s good in a dreamy way.
08. Can this be Goldfrapp? Don’t know much about her but I’ve heard this before. Pretty good it is.
09. This is definitely Cate LeBon. Just bought an album of hers in the sales. But that needs more listens. A good one.
Thanks mixer I enjoyed the mix much although most songs were out of my usual comfort zone. But that’s what these mixes are for.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Jul 2017, 03:19

I'll do the reveal this weekend :D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Jul 2017, 18:26

Walk In My Shadow wrote:Am I the last to review (as usual…)?
This mix certainly comes from Minnie as it included a get well card. Only a Dame would do that.
Thanks for this!

01. A strange one to start with. A South American rhythm followed by scratching. Yes scratching. Pretty good number to start with by what must be a very strange band.
02. This sounds like The House of Love which I adore. It isn’t them but an outstanding copy. Love it.
03. Rocky number, almost rockabilly and I should know that voice. I’m guessing Wreckless Eric. Another one I like.
04. This one sounds après Punk all jangly guitars and pounding drums. Not so fond of it.
05. Bit more of the same although better quality recording. The title must be ‘girls who play guitars’. Not really my thing neither.
06. Things slow down here with some electronica involved and female vocals. Yeah, I appreciate this.
07. Don’t know who this is but it’s good in a dreamy way.
08. Can this be Goldfrapp? Don’t know much about her but I’ve heard this before. Pretty good it is.
09. This is definitely Cate LeBon. Just bought an album of hers in the sales. But that needs more listens. A good one.
Thanks mixer I enjoyed the mix much although most songs were out of my usual comfort zone. But that’s what these mixes are for.

1. Taiso - Yellow Magic Orchestra. I would never have thought of that as a South American Rhythm!
2. Weird Fishes - Radiohead. An extraordinary song.
3. Don't Ring Me UP - Protex
4. Memphis Egypt - Mekons. I actually didn't intend the burn this song at all, it was a complete mistake!
5. Girls Who Play Guitars - Maximo Park. I fecking love em
6. Lights Out - Broadcast. Magical
7. Fantino - Sebastien Tellier. I weep when I hear this. It's so moving. Rest of the album is a bit shit though
8. Alvar - Goldfrapp. You were right!
9. Mug Museum - Cate Le Bon. Right again, Yves!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Return to “Mix Club”