May/June Reviews

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

May/June Reviews

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jun 2022, 00:21

I thought I'd alarm everyone by making up for my tardiness and being FIRST TO REVIEW this time!
Now then, what do we have here...

1. The Troggs! :lol: a bit of in studio banter if I am not mistaken...
2. A song about saying hello to daylight. I have no idea who this is, but I really like it, especially the piano sounds (sounds Harold Buddy!)
3. Slightly powerish pop with female vocal - very pleasant
4. A song about the Apollo landing. I like it.
5. Trembling Bells! This was on the radio the other day!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Hmmm! Intriguing! Almost an African guitary sound -but electronic- intriguing!
7. Another completely bizarre and intriguing track that defies any kind of description - almost Psychic TVish
8. A sort of newish punky thing that lacks backbone
9. Surfy tune about being out in the sun. A sore point, with the temp currenty 102
10. Short and cheerful electronic blitz that I like a lot!
11. An old song about having one's butter pinched. Fantastic!
12. OOH! I am a sucker for this.
13. God Bless America :lol:

this was an almost entirely splendid compilation. VERY excited about the reveal. This will be accompanying me in the car tomorrow!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

pcqgod

Re: May/June Reviews

Postby pcqgod » 08 Jun 2022, 19:16

Minnie Cheddars wrote:I thought I'd alarm everyone by making up for my tardiness and being FIRST TO REVIEW this time!
Now then, what do we have here...

1. The Troggs! a bit of in studio banter if I am not mistaken...

Yes, supposedly an inspiration for Spinal Tap.

2. A song about saying hello to daylight. I have no idea who this is, but I really like it, especially the piano sounds (sounds Harold Buddy!)

The Toms, from their 2016 album Applestation.

3. Slightly powerish pop with female vocal - very pleasant

Lush, from a 2016 reunion mini lp/cd.

4. A song about the Apollo landing. I like it.

Eclectic Swiss heavy metal band Celtic Frost.

5. Trembling Bells! This was on the radio the other day!!!!!!!!!!!

They play Trembling Bells on the radio?!

6. Hmmm! Intriguing! Almost an African guitary sound -but electronic- intriguing!

This is from the 1990 tribute album ‘Something About Joy Division’ in which a bunch of unknown Italian bands performed almost unrecognizable cover versions of J.D. songs.

7. Another completely bizarre and intriguing track that defies any kind of description - almost Psychic TVish

Midwestern band Crème Soda that released one album in 1975.

8. A sort of newish punky thing that lacks backbone

Northern Irish group Therapy? From a 1993 mini-album.

9. Surfy tune about being out in the sun. A sore point, with the temp currenty 102

The Beach Nuts, actually a side project of The Strangeloves who did the original version of “I Want Candy.”

10. Short and cheerful electronic blitz that I like a lot!

1979 single by Crash Course in Science

11. An old song about having one's butter pinched. Fantastic!

Oldtime Mancunian singer Elsie Carlisle

12. OOH! I am a sucker for this.

80’s era electronic group The Lives of Angels.

13. God Bless America

This is from a cd called ‘The Talent Show,’ a recording of a real talent show in America somewhere, somewhen.

1. The Troggs Tapes (excerpt)
2. The Toms – Hello to Life
3. Lush – Burnham Beeches
4. Celtic Frost – One in their Pride
5. Trembling Bells – My Father was a Collapsing Star
6. Comic Spoilers – Decades
7. Crème Soda – The Beat Song
8. Therapy? – Totally Random Man
9. The Beach-Nuts – Out in the Sun (Hey-O)
10. Crash Course in Science – Cakes in the Home
11. Elsie Carlisle – Please Leave my Butter Alone
12. The Lives of Angels – Green on Red
13. Peter Donner/St. John’s Youth Group – God Bless America

Thanks for listening and reviewing!
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 09 Jun 2022, 00:08

I have been busy listening to the bonus Gene Pitney disc for the last week or so, so I thought I better review the actual mix.

1. Lotta Love by Nicolette Larson - wonderful, she was a great singer and I love Neil’s version too

2. Not sure who this is, but I love it, sixties girl group sort of pop song.

3. Love it Its a Shame, the Spinners - wonderful, one of the greatest hooks ever

4. Joni from Court and Spark, Car on the Hill - I used to listen to this album non stop, haven’t heard it for a while , need to go have a listen to the whole thing now. Glorious.

5. A kind of surf instrumental, very nice.

6. Nice slice of soul with a lovely big chorus, not sure who it is tho

7. This is Avvays and Dreams Tonite - wonderful, they are great

8. Another slice of sixties soul, starts with street sounds, lovely hammond organ

9. Oh some great live Tull, “Trying to remember how many cigarettes did I bring along”. To Cry You A Song - on a lot of days my favorite tull track and this is great version - interested to know where this is from - is this live from Chicago in 70 from the 50th box set ?

10. Four Tops and Ask the Lonely - wonderful, they don’t make em like this anymore. Golden.

11. Some nice Reggae , sounds like Sly and Robbie but not sure what it is exactly, not that it matters, more gold.

12. More Soul from Jr Walker, Pucker Up Buttercup - great stuff of course, wonderful horns. The bees knees AND the cats pyjamas.

13. A bit of acoustic Gospel and Joshua, is this Odetta ? Great stuff

14. Another fave, often times my favorite Neil track, this is a very nice live version on the piano, tho I do miss the electric piano of the On The Beach version, still lovely of course

15. Some garage rock and a version of The Shape of Things to Come (the original ?)by who I don’t know. Great song.

16. A vocal choir and a lovely closing track, very moving, is this the Trio Bulgarka ?

Well that was a blast to listen to, some real personal favorites and great things not so well known. Greatly enjoyable mix.

Nick Danger

Postby Nick Danger » 09 Jun 2022, 13:31

Mike Boom wrote:I have been busy listening to the bonus Gene Pitney disc for the last week or so, so I thought I better review the actual mix.

1. Lotta Love by Nicolette Larson - wonderful, she was a great singer and I love Neil’s version too

Yep

2. Not sure who this is, but I love it, sixties girl group sort of pop song.

Obscure all girl trio The Shades with Tell Me Not To Hurt (1966)

3. Love it Its a Shame, the Spinners - wonderful, one of the greatest hooks ever

This was their only hit while they were with Motown. Stevie Wonder and the Funk Brothers are both killing it here.

4. Joni from Court and Spark, Car on the Hill - I used to listen to this album non stop, haven’t heard it for a while , need to go have a listen to the whole thing now. Glorious.

Probably my favorite Joni track.

5. A kind of surf instrumental, very nice.

Peruvian surf guitar group Los Belkings (1968).

6. Nice slice of soul with a lovely big chorus, not sure who it is tho

US group The Rascals with Temptation's Bout To Get Me (1969).

7. This is Avvays and Dreams Tonite - wonderful, they are great

I recently bought both their albums.

8. Another slice of sixties soul, starts with street sounds, lovely hammond organ

One hit wonders the Soul Survivors with their one hit, number 4 US in 1969.

9. Oh some great live Tull, “Trying to remember how many cigarettes did I bring along”. To Cry You A Song - on a lot of days my favorite tull track and this is great version - interested to know where this is from - is this live from Chicago in 70 from the 50th box set ?

A live boot, the Apollo Theatre in Manchester 1977, part of the Songs From The Wood tour.

10. Four Tops and Ask the Lonely - wonderful, they don’t make em like this anymore. Golden.

One of their more obscure forgotten hits, a favorite of mine.

11. Some nice Reggae , sounds like Sly and Robbie but not sure what it is exactly, not that it matters, more gold.

You got it, riddim legends Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare.

12. More Soul from Jr Walker, Pucker Up Buttercup - great stuff of course, wonderful horns. The bees knees AND the cats pyjamas.

Yep, love Junior's honkin' sax (1966)

13. A bit of acoustic Gospel and Joshua, is this Odetta ? Great stuff

Odetta from her debut album in 1956.

14. Another fave, often times my favorite Neil track, this is a very nice live version on the piano, tho I do miss the electric piano of the On The Beach version, still lovely of course

This is from the Live From Massey Hall album from 1971, three years before he used it on On The Beach.

15. Some garage rock and a version of The Shape of Things to Come (the original ?)by who I don’t know. Great song.

This is from the soundtrack of the 1968 move Wild In The Street. It's credited to Max Frost (the main character) and the Troopers. There seems to be some mystery as to who is actually playing on it.

16. A vocal choir and a lovely closing track, very moving, is this the Trio Bulgarka ?

This is the larger choir that Trio Bulgarka came from. I have made myself a mix of this stuff. I love it.

Well that was a blast to listen to, some real personal favorites and great things not so well known. Greatly enjoyable mix.

Tracklist-
1. Lotta Love - Nicolette Larson
2. Tell Me Not To Hurt - The Shades
3. It's A Shame - The Spinners
4. Car On The Hill - Joni Mitchell
5. Setima Patrella - Los Belkings
6. Temptation's Bout To Get Me - The Rascals
7. Dreams Tonite - Alvvays
8. Expressway To Your Heart - The Soul Survivors
9. To Cry You A Song - Jethro Tull
10. Ask The Lonely - The Four Tops
11. Steppin' Out - Sly and Robbie
12. Pucker Up Buttercup - Jr. Walker and the All Stars
13. Joshua - Odetta
14. See The Sky About To Rain - Neil Young
15. Shape Of Things To Come - Max Frost and the Troopers
16. Messetschinko Lio Grelivka - Bulgarian State Television Female Choir

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 23 Jun 2022, 02:50

Alrighty then...

1. Sounds like the theme from some groovy 60's era adventure/comedy/cartoon. Not one I'm familiar though.
2. Shimmery pop reminiscent of early Goldfrapp aside from the rapped vocal.
3. Cool instrumental featuring much use of sequencer.
4. Driving, minimalist alt rock/post punk kind of thing with ominous synthesizer drones used to good effect.
5. Disco-lite number with a woman singing in some Asian language.
6. '77 style punk rock song with the singer telling us they're from Bradford and not London, Leeds, or (God forbid) Manchester.
7. Great dance-pop thing. Love this.
8. This one is particularly intriguing. At its core it is power pop but it's got a hundred things going on with the arrangement and production so it seems you're hearing something different every other bar of music. Truly impressive.
9. Must be Bowie, but not one I recall ever hearing.
10. Beautiful ethereal track.

Truly enjoyable mix, and all of it stuff that passed me by somehow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Jun 2022, 14:07

Oh, so glad you liked! Will reveal tonight when back at home :)

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Jul 2022, 00:34

1. Sounds like the theme from some groovy 60's era adventure/comedy/cartoon. Not one I'm familiar though.

You are right! The Hollies and Peter Sellers - "I Am The Fox!" - I've been watching / reading a lot about Sellers lately, so he has been on my brain.

Lava La Rue and "Magpie" - one of my recent obsessions. She's fucking FANTASTIC

LCD Soundsystem and "Hippie Priest Bum-Out." There's never bad time for some LCD

4. Driving, minimalist alt rock/post punk kind of thing with ominous synthesizer drones used to good effect.

Marianne Faithfull and "What's The Hurry"

Nazia Hassan! Aap Jaise Koi

6. '77 style punk rock song with the singer telling us they're from Bradford and not London, Leeds, or (God forbid) Manchester.

Bradford band The Negativz with "We're from Bradford." My home town! Bradford has just been chosen as City Of Culture for 2025 and I am rather hoping they use this as the theme

So do I! Japanese Breakfast and "Be Sweet"

8. This one is particularly intriguing. At its core it is power pop but it's got a hundred things going on with the arrangement and production so it seems you're hearing something different every other bar of music. Truly impressive.

Isn't it! Of Montreal and "Forecast Fascist Future" - apt, no?

Not many people have! "London Bye Ta Ta"

Isn't it wonderful? Hinako Omori and "The Richest Garden In Your Memory." I am going to write a bit more about her in Yakety Yak in a minute!

Really glad you enjoyed. I enjoyed making it.

Dr Markus wrote:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 06 Jul 2022, 05:07

Minnie Cheddars wrote:1. Sounds like the theme from some groovy 60's era adventure/comedy/cartoon. Not one I'm familiar though.

You are right! The Hollies and Peter Sellers - "I Am The Fox!" - I've been watching / reading a lot about Sellers lately, so he has been on my brain.

Lava La Rue and "Magpie" - one of my recent obsessions. She's fucking FANTASTIC

LCD Soundsystem and "Hippie Priest Bum-Out." There's never bad time for some LCD

Marianne Faithfull and "What's The Hurry"

Nazia Hassan! Aap Jaise Koi

Bradford band The Negativz with "We're from Bradford." My home town! Bradford has just been chosen as City Of Culture for 2025 and I am rather hoping they use this as the theme

So do I! Japanese Breakfast and "Be Sweet"

Isn't it! Of Montreal and "Forecast Fascist Future" - apt, no?

Not many people have! "London Bye Ta Ta"

Isn't it wonderful? Hinako Omori and "The Richest Garden In Your Memory." I am going to write a bit more about her in Yakety Yak in a minute!

Really glad you enjoyed. I enjoyed making it.

Cool. I actually have some Of Montreal in my collection, but apparently haven't given them a proper listen.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 26 Jul 2022, 15:39

Time to take a break from BCB cup and get review done. Disc from Mike Boom. I voted against him, so I ought to say something nice. Hold on, he voted against me. This disc is a pile of shit :D Well let's see shall we....

1) Quite enjoyed hearing this again. This must have been when Wood was involved so sounds a lot more Move-y which is a good thing. I like ELO well enough when I hear the singles, especially Mr Blue Sky, but somehow they fall just short of me actually buying albums.
2) Starts off as hippy dippy nonsense, but actually enjoyed this more in the bit that followed. The two sections alternate thereafter, so at any given point I liked/disliked it.
3) All a bit of a mess. Pass
4) Lovely. Now this one I like a lot.
5) Real swagger and attitude. Exile-y vibe. Yes please.
6) Reminds me of the Small Faces doing one of their twee psych takes on British whimsy (cf Lazy Sunday Afternoon). That’s a good thing BTW !
7) Enjoyable folk duet. Particularly like the female voice. Added Baroque style arrangement with cellos and flute(recorder?)
8) Sort of baroque again, but only because I found myself singing “And when I see the sign that points one way” (try it, it works). Enjoyable. Has the feel of a Hollies song.
9) Liked this up to a point. Love the mad drum break, but somehow vocalist not up to the task. Would love to hear Stevie Marriott singing this.
10) Power pop with the emphasis on power. Like this.
11) This is great. Keep thinking I know the voice but can’t place it. Doesn’t sound a lot like Lucinda but has that great drawl and swagger in the delivery.
12) Can’t fail with a Smokey song. I first heard this on a Garcia solo album ! I’d guess this is the Marvelettes version
13) I just absolutely love the Sundays so this is a winner.
14) First thought was Gobies/Triffids, but then Dunedin certainly tapped into that sound a lot, and knowing you…..(Bats? Verlaines?) Anyway I love it all, so this is an absolute winner in any case.

Thanks Only a couple of duffers. I actually enjoyed that a lot. I'd have voted for this list.......Too late now
We're way past rhubarb

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 26 Jul 2022, 17:35

:lol: I guess we're even then ? :D

1. Yes, the more Movey the better with ELO for sure, tho I do enjoy their latter stuff to a point, the early stuff just has that certain rawness that got ironed out the further they went on, pity really.
2. Yes, The Flaming Lips tend to be a bit love/hate
3. I thought that too when I first heard it, but the whole album is a favorite now, from A Wizard A True Star, Todd Rundgren
4. Yes, the great Broadcast
5. Ride and their version of How Does It Feel To Feel from the the Carnival of Light album
6. It is the Small Faces ! From the Wham Bam album
7. Espers and the wonderful voice of Meg Baird from the Weed Tree.
8. Liverpools Lee Mavers and the La's and Timless Melody from that classic first album
9. PP Arnold backed up by Marriott and the lads
10. Australians Jewels and Bullets
11. The great Laura Marling, sounding very Joni like, from the Song for Our Daughter album.
12, Indeed it is the Marvelettes
13. Harriett and the Sundays, always a joy to listen to
14. The Go Betweens and the great Rock n Roll Friend, great book too by Tracey Thorn from Everything But The Girl all about GBs drummer Lindy Morrisson, a really worthwhile read.

Glad you enjoyed at least most of it!

10538 Overture Electric Light Orchestra
Mother I've Taken LSD The Flaming Lips
Le Feel Internacionale Todd Rundgren A Wizard, a True Star
Arc of a Journey Broadcast
How Does It Feel To Feel? Ride
Donkey Rides, A Penny, A Glass Small Faces
Tomorrow Espers The Weed Tree
Timeless Melody The La's
(If You Think) You're Groovy PP Arnold
Jewels and Bullets You Am I
Held Down Laura Marling
The Hunter Gets Captured By the Game The Marvelettes
Another Flavour The Sundays
Rock And Roll Friend The Go-Betweens

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 26 Jul 2022, 18:12

The band for 10 is You Am I surely, actually own a couple of CDs. Also own A Wizard A True Star (not played in ages) and CDs by Flaming LIps. Broadcast and ESpers (Small Faces, Go Betweens and Sundays go without saying). Ride and Laura Marling are the take aways from this mix. Cheers
We're way past rhubarb

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 26 Jul 2022, 18:16

The Fish wrote:The band for 10 is You Am I surely, actually own a couple of CDs.

Doh!
Yes , You Am I, the song is Jewels and Bullets.

Nick Danger

Postby Nick Danger » 27 Jul 2022, 18:40

My mixer this time told me on the label that each group of 3 songs has a connection. This was pretty much lost on me as I couldn't identify many connections mainly I guess because out of the 18 tracks I could only guess a few. It was fun and entertaining in any case.

1. We're getting party started with a good ole Irish pub song. It's well done a true foot napper.
2. Is this also Irish? Interesting instrumentation, like the strings, horns and atmospheric touches. Sounds like Rikki Lee Jones. I like it.
3. 80's new wave vibe, very appealing. Voice sounds familiar but no idea who it is. Percussion stands out.
4. I feel I should know this, sounds like Ricky Skaggs. Down home pickin', front porch stuff. Well done.
5. Kinda country also, is that the connection? Also sounds familiar, polished country/rock feel. Another good one.
6. This one I would put in the Alt country genre, good band especially the steel guitar.
7. I know this song, After The Rain, but I can't tell you who this is. Another good band, another winner.
8. Very familiar sounding tune, sounds like a Tex/Mex standard. Not as keen on this one.
9. Singer/songwriter kind of song. It's ok but I don't like the singer so much and the strings seem clumsy.
10. Great R & B tune. This is a highlight, another one that I feel I should know. I really like the bassline and the way it so upfront in the mix.
11. Reggae this time, another great upfront bassline. Top notch.
12. Jump and Jive, this mix is hitting all the bases. I'm thinking this is Louis Jordan. Definitely vintage and definitely wonderful.
13. More vintage. Not a fan of this vocal style. The tune is familiar.
14. I like everything about this, great percussion, great style, my only criticism is it's too short.
15. Country Blues, my favorite kind of Blues. Great sounding National guitar. I have a lot of this stuff including probably this. This is great.
16. Easy loping style, well mixed and performed. Good band and background singer(s). Very pleasant.
17. Spare singer/songwriterish, like the lyrics a lot. Pretty sure I've heard this before. The swelling instrumentation and background singing is nice.
18. Female mountain folk, another style I like. Sounds like Hazel Dickens, tight and well done. Good finisher.

Thanks mixer, well done. I'm looking forward to the reveal.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 27 Jul 2022, 20:35

Nick Danger wrote:My mixer this time told me on the label that each group of 3 songs has a connection. This was pretty much lost on me as I couldn't identify many connections mainly I guess because out of the 18 tracks I could only guess a few. It was fun and entertaining in any case.

Well I had fun with the connections. Been musing about doing this for a while, and hopefully the mix stands up in its own right

1-3 connection - taken from albums with covers depicting parodies of famous art works.

1. We're getting party started with a good ole Irish pub song. It's well done a true foot napper.

Irish pub sng you say. Well there's none better than The Pogues

2. Is this also Irish? Interesting instrumentation, like the strings, horns and atmospheric touches. Sounds like Rikki Lee Jones. I like it.

This is Joni. Everyone knows classic Joni, but for some reason not everyone knows later stuff and should really check out later albums Night Ride Home and this one Turbulent Indigo which are both great

3. 80's new wave vibe, very appealing. Voice sounds familiar but no idea who it is. Percussion stands out.

McLaren's other main proteges apart from the Pistols, Bow Wow Wow

4-6 connection - UK country rock. Often thought os a more American genre, these are from 70s this side of the pond.

4. I feel I should know this, sounds like Ricky Skaggs. Down home pickin', front porch stuff. Well done.

The band Albert Lee made his name with, Heads Hands and Feet

5. Kinda country also, is that the connection? Also sounds familiar, polished country/rock feel. Another good one.

Nick Lowe's first band, half of which went on to form Graham Parker's band The Rumour. This is Brinsley Schwarz

6. This one I would put in the Alt country genre, good band especially the steel guitar.

Probaly predates so called alt-country. From the 70s Cochise

7-9 connection Albums by actors

7. I know this song, After The Rain, but I can't tell you who this is. Another good band, another winner.

David Hemmings. Album is a bit hit and miss but some gems. Famous of course for managing to enlist The Byrds as his backing band

8. Very familiar sounding tune, sounds like a Tex/Mex standard. Not as keen on this one.

Pure calypso. There's cultural appropriation and then there;s this. In defence ypu can say "different times". THe singer giving it "de full Jamaican" is none other than Robert Mitchum

9. Singer/songwriter kind of song. It's ok but I don't like the singer so much and the strings seem clumsy.

Richad Harris from The Webb Sessions, a combination of the two albums he made with Jimmy Webb, You've probably heard MacArthur Park, which tends to divide opinion, but I think it's overwought genius.

10-12 connection "not to be confused with...."

10. Great R & B tune. This is a highlight, another one that I feel I should know. I really like the bassline and the way it so upfront in the mix.

Gino Washington with an "I not to be confused itwh Geno with an "E" Gino was an American soul artist. Geno was the American one who made his name in the UK with the RamJam Band and subject of the Dexy's song"

11. Reggae this time, another great upfront bassline. Top notch.

U-Roy not to be confused with fellow reggae star I-Roy named in honour of the former.

12. Jump and Jive, this mix is hitting all the bases. I'm thinking this is Louis Jordan. Definitely vintage and definitely wonderful.

Mention Sonny Boy Williamson and everyone thinks of the later one Rice Miller. This is the original Sonny Boy

13-15 connection known by two initials

13. More vintage. Not a fan of this vocal style. The tune is familiar.

Genre known as palm music. From Sierra Leone S.E. Rogie

14. I like everything about this, great percussion, great style, my only criticism is it's too short.

One of many fine country troubadors from Texas B.W. Steveneson. Cut a few albums in 70s/80s but died at just 38

15. Country Blues, my favorite kind of Blues. Great sounding National guitar. I have a lot of this stuff including probably this. This is great.

I share your love for this stuff. Anything great is quite likel to be on the Fat Possum label andtwo names stand out for me. Junior KImbrough and this guy king of hill blues R.L. Burnside

16-18 connection so called supergroups. Does anyone call them that anymore?

16. Easy loping style, well mixed and performed. Good band and background singer(s). Very pleasant.

one off album by the New Mendicants, who are Joe Pernice of Pernice Brothers and Norman Blake of Teenage Fanclub

17. Spare singer/songwriterish, like the lyrics a lot. Pretty sure I've heard this before. The swelling instrumentation and background singing is nice.

Monsters of Folk, M Ward, Jim James and Conor Oberst

18. Female mountain folk, another style I like. Sounds like Hazel Dickens, tight and well done. Good finisher.

There seems to be an unwritten law that we send each other some English folk on every mix. so we end with \the Full English, a collective of just about every current known English folk singer - Martin Simpson, Seth Lakeman, Nancy Kerr, Fay Heild amnongst others, all worth following up individually

Nick Danger wrote:Thanks mixer, well done. I'm looking forward to the reveal.

You're welcome. Thanks as ever for listening

1. The POgues - Sally MacLennane
2.Joni Mitchell - Sunny Sunday
3. Bow Wow Wow - Go WIld In The Country
4. Heads Hands and Feet - Countr Boy
5.Brinsley Schwarz - SHining Brightly
6.Cochise - Jed Colide r
7. David Hemmings - After The Rain
9. Robert Mitchum - Tic Tic Tic
9. Robert Harris - Interlude/Name of My Sorrow
10. Gino Washington - Like My Baby
11. U-Roy - Heavy Duty
12. Sonny Boy Williamson - Wonderful Time
13. S.E Rogie - Jaimgba Tutu [The Joy of Success].
14. B.W Stevenson - Like What You Do
15. R.L Burnside - Shake Em On Down
16. The New Mendicants - Sarasota
17. Monsters of Folk - Sandman The Brakeman
18. The Full English - The Servnt Man

We're way past rhubarb

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 27 Jul 2022, 20:55

and for completeness, all the info for first connection group

The Raft of The Medusa by Gericault