After Life

..and why not?
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

After Life

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Apr 2019, 03:30

I can't find a thread about this, which is a surprise. We started watching this Netflix series starring Ricky Gervais and have been knocked out. Funny, sad and poignant, beautiful - anyone else been watching?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Nuts

Re: After Life

Postby Nuts » 09 Apr 2019, 10:27

Yes, brilliant stuff. I think it probably wins an award for most often use of the "C" word!
Been re-commissioned for a second series but I can't see where he can take it after the first series.
Shame Stephen Merchant is never in any of his stuff now though. I think they fell out but Ricky denies this.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Apr 2019, 14:14

Yeah, it is full of swearing! I love it!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 10 Apr 2019, 14:58

We binge watched it last week. Not particularly a fan of his but this was decent.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 14 Apr 2019, 16:04

Never had any time for Gervais, but I'll hold my hands up and say, in this series, he, and the entire cast, we're brilliant. A warm, poignant and irreverent comedy with genius one liners and laugh out loud scenarios.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Apr 2019, 14:36

Yeah. We finished watching the first series on Monday and it was wonderful.
Season 2 will have to be pretty fabulous!

Dr Markus wrote:

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 18 Apr 2019, 10:51

I like most of what he does, including this one - the only thing I don't warm to too much is his standup (which is also true for most comedians for me).

Enjoyed After Life and it made me jump into some old episodes of the Office, which I really enjoyed, both for the quality of the series but also for the little time capsule that it represents for me - it came at a very particular time in my life when I was just joining the workforce as well and I have very strong memories associated with it.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Jan 2023, 13:56

Well. Finished the last of the series last night. I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say that I was bawling my eyes out. I do love Gervais - his acting was pitch perfect - and this series was sentimental without being cloying. Wonderful viewing.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Jan 2023, 13:57

Nuts wrote:Yes, brilliant stuff. I think it probably wins an award for most often use of the "C" word!
Been re-commissioned for a second series but I can't see where he can take it after the first series.
Shame Stephen Merchant is never in any of his stuff now though. I think they fell out but Ricky denies this.

Yeah, there were plenty of ‘CUNTS’ littered around this season!

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Screenadelica”