The proposed Breaking Bad movie

..and why not?

The proposed Breaking Bad movie - yea or nay?

Bring it on!
17%
No fucking way!
17%
Mmmmmaybe,,,
67%

Total votes: 6

`

The proposed Breaking Bad movie

Postby ` » 10 Nov 2018, 09:57

yea or nay?

`

Re: The proposed Breaking Bad movie

Postby ` » 10 Nov 2018, 10:01

I was originally firmly in the nay camp. Then I read Vince G's rationale. Far from getting clean away, Jessie would have left evidence as to his identity all over the shootout scene from the climactic episode of BB and the bloodhounds would soon be on his tail...

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 10 Nov 2018, 11:34

I think it ended in the most final and inevitable ( not the same as predictable, but he loses everything as he had to) way, so I'd be a bit wary of it being resurrected.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 10 Nov 2018, 15:43

As with Better Call Saul, I trust that Gilligan and company wouldn’t wade in again if they didn’t feel they had something to say. Their track record is good, so you have to have some optimism.

Of course, all the same things could have been said about Francis Ford Coppola about Godfather III, so clearly - downside exists.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 10 Nov 2018, 16:18

I dunno, no Walter, no story. Jessie is a good character, but just like The Walking Dead without Rick, it just won't be the same.

algroth

Postby algroth » 10 Nov 2018, 20:13

Even if there is a rationale to a followup movie, I'm not sure what makes it worth telling. Breaking Bad was firmly Walter's story, the arc closed pretty neatly with him and I don't see what adding some sort of epilogue (from the sound of things) would add to it.

`

Postby ` » 11 Nov 2018, 08:59

Matt Wilson wrote:I dunno, no Walter, no story. Jessie is a good character, but just like The Walking Dead without Rick, it just won't be the same.

Actually, The Walking Dead has been the same week after week for the last nine years*.

Hard not to feel sorry for poor old Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick, though. As the son-in-law of Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson, he
must struggle to figure out when filming stops and real life begins

* I gave up after four series and was recently astonished to find it is was still on - even if AL (always Egg for Britiish viewers in This Life or the next) is about to depart.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 11 Nov 2018, 09:52

algroth wrote:Even if there is a rationale to a followup movie, I'm not sure what makes it worth telling. Breaking Bad was firmly Walter's story, the arc closed pretty neatly with him and I don't see what adding some sort of epilogue (from the sound of things) would add to it.

I agree completely.

Jesse wasn't much of a character anyway. The performance was OK, but all that 'YO MY MAN' shit got old very quickly. It was close to caricature, especially when his dopey mates were around.

I reckon they'll drop the idea anyway, like they did with the proposed Sopranos movie.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Return to “Screenadelica”