Lalo Schifrin gets Honorary Oscar

..and why not?
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Lalo Schifrin gets Honorary Oscar

Postby GoogaMooga » 25 Oct 2018, 21:34

Argentinian composer Lalo Schifrin is set to be honored with an Oscar at the Academy’s 10th Annual Governors Awards this November, for his contribution to music. He is best known for his score to the "Mission: Impossible" TV series, but his bad-ass soundtrack to "Dirty Harry" is also super cool. He has written scores for more than 100 films, and after six Academy Award nominations, he finally gets the recognition he so truly deserves.

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Samoan

Re: Lalo Schifrin gets Honorary Oscar

Postby Samoan » 26 Oct 2018, 07:39

Very well deserved.

I've used No More Lies from Dirty Harry, sung by Bernard Ito in about three competition cups so far and it goes down a storm.

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 27 Oct 2018, 06:07

And he once put out an album called There's A Whole Lalo Schifrin Goin' On. He's okay by me.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 27 Oct 2018, 08:21

Charlie O. wrote:And he once put out an album called There's A Whole Lalo Schifrin Goin' On. He's okay by me.

:lol:
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Return to “Screenadelica”