Scariest or most chilling scene in a movie?

..and why not?
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Scariest or most chilling scene in a movie?

Postby Goat Boy » 26 May 2018, 12:16

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:The ending of Kill List

I've seen lots of silly horrors with rubbish endings, but that is in the top 10 silly endings for me.

Nooooo!

It's great and unexpected and weird in the best tradition of British folk horror
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 04 Aug 2018, 18:25

Samoan wrote:I'm not a horror movie fan, they don't do aught for me, never have, so I'm going on another slant at most chilling and scary from Cabaret.

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 05 Aug 2018, 06:04

The problem with answering these kind of questions is often the impact of things will dissipate over time, but I can remember the experience of watching Blue Velvet in the cinema and how disturbing and chilling Frank Booth was when he first appeared. You didn't know what he was going to do next and that unpredictability was deeply unsettling. Now I've seen the film so many times that I almost view him as a comedy character.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Aug 2018, 09:11

Samoan wrote:I'm not a horror movie fan, they don't do aught for me, never have, so I'm going on another slant at most chilling and scary from Cabaret.

Yes indeed. That really does send shivers down the spine. I saw that about five years ago at the theatre - and that scene absolutely stopped the show dead. You could sense a palpable disquiet amongst the audience - not something you normally associate with a musical. Great choice.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 08 Aug 2018, 19:59

Diamond Dog wrote:

Yes indeed. That really does send shivers down the spine. I saw that about five years ago at the theatre - and that scene absolutely stopped the show dead. You could sense a palpable disquiet amongst the audience - not something you normally associate with a musical. Great choice.

That could be a great idea for a thread. Moment in the theater where you could feel the whole audience was completely as one, like this one. There have been a few times.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 14 Aug 2018, 07:41

The Modernist wrote:The problem with answering these kind of questions is often the impact of things will dissipate over time, but I can remember the experience of watching Blue Velvet in the cinema and how disturbing and chilling Frank Booth was when he first appeared. You didn't know what he was going to do next and that unpredictability was deeply unsettling. Now I've seen the film so many times that I almost view him as a comedy character.

Good post. I remember watching Mulholland Drive at the cinema and the diner scene felt like clammy, creeping dread followed by a cattleprod in the balls. May not have the same power on repeat viewings, but a great scene nevertheless.

Another scene that really sticks out in my memory is the reveal of the weeping child/wizened crone in The Others (clearly influenced by Don't Look Now).

Return to “Screenadelica”