Better Call Saul

..and why not?
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby Belle Lettre » 07 Apr 2015, 22:50

I will be after I finish the final two episodes of Breaking Bad. Late to the party.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Apr 2015, 00:32

I watched the first six and thought they were fantastic. My wife liked the one episode she saw that she started binge-watching Breaking Bad, so I am holding off on finishing the season as she will want to join me.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Apr 2015, 00:37

K, you might be interested in my 'Mr Show' thread further down the page...
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Apr 2015, 05:00

I am up to date and my verdict is that the show is good but Breaking Bad was better. It is a good lawyer show but there are plenty of those but a high school science teacher meth cook is a one of a kind thus far. And the brother, do you really buy his malady?
Question authority.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2015, 06:22

So when netflick make a show, it's solely for netflick right? They won't sell it around the world to different TV stations, even after a period of time when it's fully shown on netflick?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 08 Apr 2015, 15:36

Utterly fantastic, loved it to bits.

Slippin' Jimmy is slowly commencing his transition from generally straight lawyer to the Saul Goodman we know & love from Breaking Bad and now we are starting to see why.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 08 Apr 2015, 15:38

Btw, loved how all the episode titles ended with words finishing in an 'o' - apart from the one titled 'Alpine Shepherd Boy'
:lol: :lol:

Postby ... » 08 Apr 2015, 17:39

Dr Markus wrote:So when netflick make a show, it's solely for netflick right? They won't sell it around the world to different TV stations, even after a period of time when it's fully shown on netflick?

netflix don't make the show, AMC do. Suspect they got first dibs on the European broadcasting rights for BCS as a result of picking up BB when terrestrial channels in the UK stopped showing it after season 2 or 3.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Apr 2015, 19:23

K wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:K, you might be interested in my 'Mr Show' thread further down the page...

Will do. I've never heard of it, I must admit.

Neither had I! And it laid a misconception to waste, that Americans aren't funny! It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 07 Feb 2016, 19:37

K wrote:It's back! Returns to Netflix next week. I really can't wait.

Excellent! I've just finished rewatching the first series, in preparation.
:)

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 07 Feb 2016, 21:38

Ten Breaking Bad references to be seen in Better Call Saul

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 17 Feb 2016, 23:50

Not the most thrill-a-minute episode but I liked it. It sets up the scene for what is about to happen.

And they're gonna keep the BB references coming fast, furious & hilarious. This week we got cameos from Don Eladio's favorite tequila, Zafiro Anejo, and the return of KEN WINS, the loudmouth stockbroker who pissed off Walter White so much, Walter blew up his car.

Very stoked for this season.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 17 Feb 2016, 23:53

Right after the episode ended I saw a Facebook page saying "you have been kidnapped and the gang from the last TV show you watched is coming to rescue you." With Mike Ehrmantraut on the job, plus Saul to fast-talk the bad guys, and Kim Wexler to charm them, I feel completely confident. I can't think of any fictional character I would rather have coming to help me out than Mike, except maybe Superman.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 19 Feb 2016, 21:39

bobzilla77 wrote:KEN WINS, the loudmouth stockbroker who pissed off Walter White so much, Walter blew up his car.

Ahh. I was trying to remember where I'd seen him before!

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 02 Mar 2016, 13:08

K wrote:I keep wondering if anything will ever come of the "Do not turn this switch off" sign

I'd be suprised, probably a red herring. But you never know.

The great thing about Better Call Saul is that aside from the telling of Jimmy McGill's gradual morphing into the sleazy Saul Goodman, we're also getting a nice secondary storyline of Mike Ehrmantraut's parallel transition from already murderous ex-cop into drug gang cleaner & fixer.

A nice 2 for 1 story, the two stories being intertwined, of course.

HotRats

Postby HotRats » 13 Mar 2016, 19:01

I'm loving it and Bob Odenkirk is incredible.

But I'm not good with jeopardy, and this is like watching a slow motion video of the Titanic hitting the iceberg.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 15 Mar 2016, 19:13

If you haven't seen the latest episode, watch the first shot of the scene in the diner, towards the end of the episode.
The way it's set up, you virtually can virtually predict who is going to appear (another Breaking Bad reference!).

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 18 Mar 2016, 19:34

I appreciate the drama they are wringing out of the scenario. I really felt for Kim in this last episode. We've all had to eat shit sandwiches from time to time, just put our heads down and plow through it. The drawn-out desperation makes it powerfully felt when she finally gets a call back, after the end of her montage.

But I still can't wait for Jimmy to really go rogue. He's totally depressed in this cushy life - after his old DA office buddy is all jealous of Jimmy's big break - "I bet you have a SICK office! Is it sick?" "Pretty sick!" - Jimmy walks off muttering "lucky bastard." Maybe the point of all this is to make it apprant that no matter what breaks Jimmy might have caught in life, it could never have worked out differently for him.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Mar 2016, 23:23

Mike didn't get much time this week, but they did neatly set up his soon-to-develop alliance with Gus Fring. Can't wait.

Also interesting the way they used the Rebecca character. Chuck becomes a lot more sympathetic.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Mar 2016, 23:56

Neither is Chuck. Two ends.

Return to “Screenadelica”