Saturday Night Live

..and why not?
pcqgod

Re: Saturday Night Live

Postby pcqgod » 18 Oct 2016, 23:20

After barely watching it for at least the past ten years, I've been tuning in more frequently lately, mainly to see guest-hosts I like (Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Peter Dinklage). I have to say that I like the two guys they have doing the news segment right now.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Oct 2016, 00:07

pcqgod wrote: I have to say that I like the two guys they have doing the news segment right now.

I'm the opposite, i don't think they're that funny.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 19 Oct 2016, 04:40

Sneelock wrote:If somebody at school fell down then somebody was sure to yell "Live, From New York...."

:)

LOVE that!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 25 Oct 2016, 16:37

It's not getting any better. Seriously.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 31 Oct 2016, 15:17

Then why do you keep watching?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Oct 2016, 15:22

To see if it will get better. I have to give it a chance.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Nov 2016, 18:00

Chappelle was funny on SNL. Though the crowd's reaction to his stand up was something of a nervous laughter. I don't know why but I think I'd be a little uneasy around him, kinda worried he'd jump on something i'd say. Nothing to prove it, just a feeling I get.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 07 Oct 2018, 06:52

I keep hearing about SNL these days. So much of what I've watched on Netflix lately (A Futile and Stupid Gesture, The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee) is at least tangentially linked. Its history interests me, but the bits I've seen lately lead me to believe I'm not missing much. The satire is broad and the delivery is shrill.

Anyway - now there's this:

- anyone seen it?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Return to “Screenadelica”