Edited threads/posts not being annotated as such?

General site news. Details of forthcoming outages and so on.
jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 29 Jun 2011, 17:38

I noticed this a while ago, but thought it might have been a one-off.

It seems that posts (including thread titles) that have been edited by users no longer have the "Edited by..." text included in the post. I know it never used to show up when admins edited posts, but it did when us normal users did. An example is Coan's recent 20th Century thread. He posted it, blanked it, then re-instated it and there's nothing to show it's been edited at all.

What gives?
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

JQW

Postby JQW » 29 Jun 2011, 18:24

The setting to control this is one of many options on one of the board admin pages - many of which are just simple YES/NO options. It probably got accidentally disabled by mistake when something else was modified.

I'll re-instate it later this evening.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

jude
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Re: Edited threads/posts not being annotated as such?

Postby jude » 29 Jun 2011, 18:37

Fair enough, didn't know it was configurable. Was concerned it might be a bug that might have bigger impacts. :)
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

jude

Postby jude » 29 Jun 2011, 21:22

And it's back! :D

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 29 Jun 2011, 21:34

Jude wrote:And it's back! :D

edit.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

jude

Postby jude » 29 Jun 2011, 22:19

BlueMeanie wrote:
Jude wrote:And it's back! :D

edit.
Cheat.

Return to “Site News”