Champion's League 2017/18

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
never/ever

Re: Champion's League 2016/17

Postby never/ever » 09 Mar 2017, 10:31

Just watched the replay. Those last ten minutes were crazy- I'm just glad that diving cunt Suarez didn't get away with trying to get cheap penalties.
Props to Neymar who I haven't seen work so hard for a long time even if he didn't have the best of touches, he never stopped running.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Mar 2017, 12:44

That kind of thing just shouldn't happen but if it was going to happen it could only be one team I guess
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Mar 2017, 12:46

Goat Boy wrote:That kind of thing just shouldn't happen but if it was going to happen it could only be one team I guess

Oh I don't know.... Man Utd used to get up to 8 minutes 'added time' to ensure they got their winner.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 09 Mar 2017, 13:00

I was thinking during the game "maybe Barcelona's time is up now" as in their overall dominance of the game, from roughly 2006 to 2014 or so.

But then again, what's to say that they get beaten in the Quarters?

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 09 Mar 2017, 13:11

Goat Boy wrote:That kind of thing just shouldn't happen

Not in the modern era at least. You used to get results like that in the '80s when you'd have Hibernian playing Velez Mostar and opposition scouting would involve finding the nearest pub to the stadium.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 09 Mar 2017, 15:11

never/ever wrote:Just watched the replay. Those last ten minutes were crazy- I'm just glad that diving cunt Suarez didn't get away with trying to get cheap penalties.

Well he did get away with it because he wasn't sent off and banned.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 09 Mar 2017, 15:22

PENK wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:That kind of thing just shouldn't happen

Not in the modern era at least. You used to get results like that in the '80s when you'd have Hibernian playing Velez Mostar and opposition scouting would involve finding the nearest pub to the stadium.

Finally, a mention for the Hi-bees in the Champions League thread.

Football history sidetrack: Hibs were the first British team to play in the European Cup as the Champions used to be called. The inaugural competition in 1955. There were sixteen teams in it but the first-choice British team, Chelsea, turned down their invitation under pressure from certain elements in English football who felt that England should come before Europe. So Hibs were invited instead, and made it to the semi-finals. Sic transit etc.

borofan

Postby borofan » 09 Mar 2017, 18:25

never/ever wrote: I'm just glad that diving cunt Suarez didn't get away with trying to get cheap penalties.

He did for the second one that was given. Even more of a dive then the one he was cautioned for, but the referee was a total coward and didn't have the bottle to send him off.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 10 Mar 2017, 09:09

Geezee wrote:
never/ever wrote:Just watched the replay. Those last ten minutes were crazy- I'm just glad that diving cunt Suarez didn't get away with trying to get cheap penalties.

I was being sarcastic.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 13 Mar 2017, 08:35

never/ever wrote:
Geezee wrote:

I was being sarcastic.

You're being sarcastic in the wrong way in that case.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 15 Mar 2017, 10:26

Well obviously Ranieri was worth sacking wasn't he.

Truly excellent by Leicester - their season is alive still. I'm sure they'll be wanting City in the Quarters (if they make it) because they've got the hoodoo over them.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Mar 2017, 10:34

Toby wrote:Well obviously Ranieri was worth sacking wasn't he.

Not sure if that's ironic or not, Toby?

I think the 2-1 defeat away (under Ranieri) was a great result - not sure that he doesn't deserve at least as much credit as the present manager for the overall result.

Incredible though - Leicester in the last eight :) Amazing.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 15 Mar 2017, 15:20

Diamond Dog wrote:I think the 2-1 defeat away (under Ranieri) was a great result - not sure that he doesn't deserve at least as much credit as the present manager for the overall result.

Difficult to tell really. There has to be some truth in the fact that Leicester were massively motivated for playing in the CL to the detriment of their PL campaign. They have, on the whole, played like they did last season.

I suspect that many of their playing squad took their foot off the pedal for the PL campaign, because, well, if you were Wes Morgan and you probably never even dreamed of winning the Prem, then you probably would.

Ranieri obviously motivated them to a particular level, but there's obviously a load of inside info on the dressing room etc that we'll never know which persuaded the owners to sack him - and in many respects the results since then have vindicated that decision. He deserves all the respect he got last season and I was sad to see him go, but we are not party to information that the club has.

There's been a lot of talk today about how "english" Leicester were last night. Basic kick n rush, get in Sevilla's faces. They were a bit lucky (I thought Vardy was outrageous) at times, but it worked - Sevilla were outfought.

Not sure whether they'll get past the Quarters but they'll have a lot of people on their side.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 15 Mar 2017, 19:06

Toby wrote:There's been a lot of talk today about how "english" Leicester were last night. Basic kick n rush, get in Sevilla's faces. They were a bit lucky (I thought Vardy was outrageous) at times, but it worked - Sevilla were outfought.

I did think about that when Morgan scored. A free kick to the back post that bounces in off the unwitting centre-back's knee: do Champions League goals get any more "English" than that?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Mar 2017, 21:40

K wrote:Bollocks - what the fuck were we doing there?

Toby wrote:City will do well to get past the Quarters with this defence.

Diamond Dog wrote:They'll do well to get to the quarter finals first..... a two goal deficit is easily overcome when the opposition defend like clowns, and 2-0,3-1 or even 4-2 still gets Monaco through.

;) :roll: :lol: :x
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Mar 2017, 22:04

K wrote:Well yeah I get that... but the way we lined up for that free kick - you could see the outcome before he kicked it.
Threw it away after fighting back into it.

...defend like clowns.......
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 16 Mar 2017, 19:52

This is fair comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ellegrini/

City have taken a step back under Guardiola, at least for this season.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Apr 2017, 19:38

Leicester fans getting it tight at the minute.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39581782
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Apr 2017, 07:48

The Great Defector wrote:Leicester fans getting it tight at the minute.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39581782

Footage posted online showed a group of officers being targeted with missiles and fans chanting "Gibraltar is ours" in the Plaza Major, where Leicester's fans were told they could congregate.

Not surprising really, is it?

Either they are stupid. Or the Right Wing baboons have infiltrated. Or a combination of both.
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2017, 16:39

Good result for Leicester I think. Apparently the penalty was dodgy.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Return to “Sporting Life”