West Ham United FC

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: West Ham United FC

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Aug 2016, 13:39

To be fair, my wardrobe is more intense than The Emirates.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Sep 2016, 14:41

Toby wrote:So West Ham have played their first game at their new home. Some thoughts at WestHamtillIdie

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2 ... r-new-home

I scoured a few comments pages from various sites about first perspectives on the new stadium. A lot commented on the atmosphere, which most thought was pretty good considering that it's new etc. Some didn't like it understandably, given that it's a lot more spacious and "modern" compared to the dense, cramped conditions at the Boleyn. It'll be interesting to see how the first few games pan out in the Premiership, but I'm hopeful that it'll be more intense than the Emirates.

"Intense" ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37348308

:?
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Oct 2016, 12:06

It's times like this when I miss Skope's pearls of wisdom.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 29 Oct 2016, 19:46

Everton off form and the Hammers with 3 wins on the trot.

It'll be an interesting game.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 27 Nov 2016, 20:53

Important point at Old Trafford this afternoon.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jan 2017, 08:01

Rayge wrote:At times such as these, I miss ’skope
Cocaine

Postby ... » 07 Jan 2017, 09:53

Diamond Dog wrote:
Rayge wrote:At times such as these, I miss ’skope

At times such as these, the West Ham keeper seems to have missed everything punted his way.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 09 Jan 2017, 13:54

I like Bilic, it's pity his best player either looks like he couldn't be arsed because he wants to be else where, or he's not as good on a consistent basis like most us thought he would be.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Teabag
The docker's delight

Postby Teabag » 12 Jan 2017, 06:32

I first saw West Ham in October 1968 at The Boleyn Ground when Geoff Hurst slammed six past Sunderland in an 8-0 win. I was my 12th birthday. I spent the next few years worth of home games on the south bank watching Hurst, Moore, Peters, Bonds and...yes...Harry Redknapp. He took the right wing while Johnny Sissons rampaged down the left. Fingers Ferguson stood in goal.

I also now realise I am an old fart who cannot abide their presence in an athletics stadium with too much space between the pitch and the stands. That's cool. I can easily let things go now. It's one of the great benefits of getting older.
I could be wrong. I usually am.

borofan

Postby borofan » 12 Jan 2017, 16:24

Seems like Payet wants out, and has thrown his toys out of the pram. Inevitable, I suppose.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jan 2017, 16:35

He's 29, even if he goes somewhere he'll only be on top form for maybe another 2 or 3 seasons physically. Stupid boy.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Jan 2017, 16:59

The Great Defector wrote:He's 29, even if he goes somewhere he'll only be on top form for maybe another 2 or 3 seasons physically. Stupid boy.

And make an absolute killing as a signing on fee.

It's all money. Always money when players start this kind of behaviour. As Bilic rightly says, he's been tapped up and has been promised a fortune to move now.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Jan 2017, 17:19

And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

I imagine it'll be £25 million or so. £40 million to a Chinese club. A sad state of affairs as you'd think he'd be loyal at least until the end of the season.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jan 2017, 17:26

Toby wrote:And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

I imagine it'll be £25 million or so. £40 million to a Chinese club. A sad state of affairs as you'd think he'd be loyal at least until the end of the season.

Don't know, why give him want he wants straight away? I know it costs the club money to keep him in wages, but making him train by himself and not play even under 23's until the summer would send a message to the rest of the players and make a statement for the club. Although again, it will be costing the club money.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Jan 2017, 17:28

Toby wrote:And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

West Ham just rejected a £19.1 million bid from Marseille.

I'm sure, of course, they just managed to come to that decision within the few hours of the Bilic press conference and tabling the bid.

Sell him and get the poison out of the door now and use the money in the transfer window.
Cocaine

jl

Postby jl » 12 Jan 2017, 18:42

Serves them right for taking the piss over Jermain Defoe.

Postby ... » 14 Jan 2017, 08:14

Alas, as St Etienne discovered in 2011, loyalty is a concept unknown to Payet and his agent.

While I'm no great lover of Ronaldo, at least he continued to give his best when he was desperate to get away from Man U (same is true of Suarez at Liverpool).

Seriously, what European Club in their right mind is going to pay West Ham UK£25,000,000 for a player who's only a kick-in-the-pants away from his 30th birthday and who has previous when it comes to agitating for moves.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2017, 11:11

Moyes? :lol:
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 06 Nov 2017, 11:22

Well yes.

I don't know really. Given what happened at Sunderland, I'm inclined to think that we'll struggle badly. However there are a lot of decent to good players at West Ham, and we really should be playing a lot better than we have been. Maybe Moyes might knock them into shape, get them defending properly and we'll eek out a middle-to-low place in the Prem this season and they'll get in someone else in the summer.

If West Ham had sacked Bilic in the summer we would have had Benitez I'm sure. The difference a few weeks make.

Whatever it is, the apparent progress of the last season at Upton Park appears to be truly down the plughole.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Nov 2017, 11:26

No surprise, but it's just been announced officially that Billic has been sacked..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41702779

Return to “Sporting Life”