"Sky Sports Understands...."

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Aug 2017, 12:19

He was the only Arsenal player who looked as if he gave a single fuck last Sunday. Is this what is meant by "players that act this way when they're not happy".
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Aug 2017, 12:29

Is there something in Jonny Evans that I'm not seeing? :?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 29 Aug 2017, 12:44

The Great Defector wrote:Is there something in Jonny Evans that I'm not seeing? :?

maybe you have him on ignore?
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Aug 2017, 15:04

I tell you a player I'm amazed has attracted so little interest - Riyad Mahrez.

Proven Premier League player, scores goals, goes past people and has shown a great attitude despite him wanting away. Maybe I'm missing something but... the class is there.
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Aug 2017, 18:15

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11011719/liverpool-turn-down-25m-crystal-palace-bid-for-mamadou-sakho
Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Crystal Palace for defender Mamadou Sakho, according to Sky sources.

Behave yourself Liverpool, let him go.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 29 Aug 2017, 18:25

Diamond Dog wrote:I tell you a player I'm amazed has attracted so little interest - Riyad Mahrez.

Proven Premier League player, scores goals, goes past people and has shown a great attitude despite him wanting away. Maybe I'm missing something but... the class is there.

Couldn't agree more. I've been thinking exactly the same thing and it's not even as if Leicester are asking for crazy money. I think he'd fit Spurs really well and give them that extra creativity they sometimes lack. Think he might be a last day of the window buy for someone when they've missed out on their first choices (although I'm as mystified as you on why he's being seen as a fall back option).

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Aug 2017, 06:10

It appears that Oxlade-Chamberlain has turned down a £40 million move to Chelsea because they were likely to use him at right wing back - one of the reasons he wants to leave Arsenal. Maybe money isn't his motivation...fair play to him.
Cocaine

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 30 Aug 2017, 10:57

Conor McGregor is poised to sign for Liverpool, he's never played football before, but has assured fans "its a piece of piss"
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 30 Aug 2017, 11:53

Jeemo wrote:Conor McGregor is poised to sign for Liverpool, he's never played football before, but has assured fans "its a piece of piss"

:lol:
He'll probably be better at it than Lovren

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 30 Aug 2017, 13:52

Liverpool in for the Ox. Could be a good but for them if he goes.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Aug 2017, 13:54

Toby wrote:Liverpool in for the Ox. Could be a good but for them if he goes.

Nope, don't want him. He's like zinedine Kilbane, hit and run after it. That's one of the reasons Ibe didn't work out at Liverpool, not as good obviously but only knew one thing. Liverpool don't play like that in the final third. Chavski can have him.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Aug 2017, 15:20

Gibbs to WBA for only £7 million looks cheap in the current market. Especially considering Arsenal's woes defensively.
Cocaine

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 30 Aug 2017, 15:25

The Great Defector wrote:
Toby wrote:Liverpool in for the Ox. Could be a good but for them if he goes.

Nope, don't want him. He's like zinedine Kilbane, hit and run after it. That's one of the reasons Ibe didn't work out at Liverpool, not as good obviously but only knew one thing. Liverpool don't play like that in the final third. Chavski can have him.

Wouldn't agree with that. He can be a highly effective winger, if you can keep him off the treatment table. He's not a central midfielder for me though, his decision making and reading of the game isn't good enough for that. He may develop into that one day, but he's a long way off currently. He would be better off focusing on what he's good at rather than having these unrealistic aspirations.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Aug 2017, 18:09

So The Ox is Liverpool bound - £35 million + up to £5 million in add ons.
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Aug 2017, 18:12

The Modernist wrote:
Wouldn't agree with that. He can be a highly effective winger

Once every 10 games?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 30 Aug 2017, 18:29

The Modernist wrote:

Once every 10 games?

A little harsh. I'd say he's been one of the more consistent Arsenal players over the last year or so ( although that may be damning him with faint praise!). I think you may be pleasantly surprised. Your biggest issue will be keeping him injury free.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Aug 2017, 18:39

The Modernist wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Once every 10 games?

A little harsh. I'd say he's been one of the more consistent Arsenal players over the last year or so ( although that may be damning him with faint praise!). I think you may be pleasantly surprised. Your biggest issue will be keeping him injury free.

He hasn't improved in 6 years, and while Jurgen likes working with players I don't know if there's any improvement left in the ox. I mean what the fuck happened iwobi? I think/thought he is/was brilliant, now not a sniff of the first team, Walcott hasn't really improved either. Is this an Arsenal thing or just buying players with the same mental attitudes?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 30 Aug 2017, 18:52

Having said all that, I don't see an obvious position for him in the first team right now.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Aug 2017, 19:14

The Modernist wrote:Having said all that, I don't see an obvious position for him in the first team right now.

iwobi? I'd find somewhere to put him or get some way to give him playing time. I'd rather take him off your hands that the OX.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 30 Aug 2017, 20:19

The Modernist wrote:Having said all that, I don't see an obvious position for him in the first team right now.

iwobi? I'd find somewhere to put him or get some way to give him playing time. I'd rather take him off your hands that the OX.

I was talking about Ox and your first team.
As for Iwobi, he's still very young. He's only been involved in the first team for about a year, so it's a little too soon to talk of decline!
I like his composure and he can show some clever footwork, but I'm not sure he's dynamic enough to make it long term for a top club (..which Arsenal still are -in theory anyway!)

Return to “Sporting Life”