The Championship

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
the masked man
Schadenfreude

Re: The Championship

Postby the masked man » 28 Aug 2016, 19:30

Well, it's all gone to pot. Burke's just been sold to Red Bull Leipzig....

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 29 Aug 2016, 11:17

the masked man wrote:Well, it's all gone to pot. Burke's just been sold to Red Bull Leipzig....

Lets hope he's as good as the hype. Scotland could use him!
Bless the weather.......Image

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Sep 2016, 02:24

We won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

borofan

Postby borofan » 18 Sep 2016, 16:00

Minnie HA HA wrote:We won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down, it's only Rotherham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Oct 2016, 21:57

We fucking won

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 26 Oct 2016, 14:03

Can't believe I'm defending Gary Caldwell, but I think his sacking is a knee-jerk reaction. Ok, we're second from bottom, but the weird thing is we rarely look like we're in that much trouble, dodgy keeper aside. We're not getting thrashed by anyone, we're creating chances and having a huge amount of possession. And he did get us promoted last season, which should be worth something.

It'll be interesting if Giggs is touted for the job, as he's only normally seen in Wigan watching rugby. The fans don't approve of that kind of behaviour.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 Dec 2016, 16:12

It's all gone from crap to worse.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 23 Dec 2016, 17:36

Find it hard to believe Reading are 3rd with a brand new manager and a system that is still a mile away from being properly bedded in, and without a goalscoring centre forward.

Still have some odd end results - I guess some teams just set up well against us. Away at Leeds we had 73% of possession yet lost 2-0.

It will be very interesting to see where we end up.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2016, 08:35

I have a couple of Reading fans at work here.....they seem very critical of Staam....I'm kind of bewildered really... third in the league... apparently playing decent football sometimes.... I'm not quite sure what they expect/want?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 28 Dec 2016, 20:26

Seems bloody odd that!

The only time I've seen them live this season it was a really tedious 0-0 draw and the possession football which involved passing it around at the back for long periods did not impress me one bit.

However, Stam has been very honest with the fans right from the start, explaining that the style of football he wants them to play takes a lot of work and they will be learning things every day and every game. That has very much been the case it seems and some teams have got us sussed and snuffed us out. (Away at Leeds we had 73% of possession and lost 2-0!)

However Stam had warned that this would happen and that when it does that kick starts another level in their education so the players can see / feel it happening next time and know what to do to counteract the opposition's tactics.

Fact is we do seem to bounce back well after clear cut defeats which suggests Stam is doing a terrific job.

Being a non league supporter I really don't see much more than the goals in highlights but we are scoring some terrific football goals that have been crafted from deep positions or with slick creative passing in and around the box.

Early days but although large passages of games can be a bit stagnant it does seem that Reading are very much on the up.

I just hope that another imminent change of ownership and Stam's burgeoning reputation doesn't lead to a sudden stop to what is being developed right now.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 28 Dec 2016, 22:13

I couldn't get to Oldham's Boxing Day game this year because Sheffield United decided to stop selling away tickets two days before the game (because of course Oldham would be bringing millions of fans and there wasn't enough space for them all :? ), so we decided to go local and watch Huddersfield v Nottingham Forest. I used to watch Huddersfield now and again when living nearby but this was the first time I've been in over a decade and they look a good team, if a little weedy up front, though short of what I imagine it takes to get through the play-offs and make an impression at the top level.

Forest were a shower, I'm sure the masked man will be happy to hear. They got a goal against the run of play thanks to a lucky ricochet that their winger was quickest to react to, setting him through on goal, but that was their only venture into Huddersfield's half until a couple of half-arsed forays when chasing the game in the last ten minutes. They seemed to be playing a kind of 4-0-2 formation, with their midfielders in the stadium bar having a few egg nogs. They did have Nicklas Bendtner up front, which added a bit of interest; he was quite obviously far superior in technique to everyone around him and he tried to link things up for Forest, but eventually seemed to give up due to none of his teammates actually coming into the same half of the pitch as him.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Jan 2017, 22:49

How the absolute fuck are Reading 3rd and on the heels of Newcastle?

Absolutely stank the place out tonight v a very average QPR.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Feb 2017, 15:59

Blackburn sack Coyle. What now?
I feel certain relegation is imminent. The club is being steered by those with no interest and being managed by those with no confidence. I can see us folding.

Dr Markus wrote:

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 26 Feb 2017, 20:24

Lord Rother wrote:How the absolute fuck are Reading 3rd and on the heels of Newcastle?

And here we are 6 weeks later, still comfortably in Top 6 but looked absolutely dire again last night, admittedly against a very decent Brighton side. Don't think I've enjoyed any more than about ten minutes of five games I've seen of Reading this season.

borofan

Postby borofan » 27 Feb 2017, 17:30

The Twat Patrol wrote:Blackburn sack Coyle. What now?
I feel certain relegation is imminent. The club is being steered by those with no interest and being managed by those with no confidence. I can see us folding.

And replaced by Tony Mowbray. Lovely bloke, forever a Boro legend for his contribution as a player, but a pretty average manager. But having only left Coventry a few weeks ago, he at least has very recent experience of trying to produce a competitive team at a totally dysfunctional club.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 28 Feb 2017, 08:55

Lord Rother wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:How the absolute fuck are Reading 3rd and on the heels of Newcastle?

And here we are 6 weeks later, still comfortably in Top 6 but looked absolutely dire again last night, admittedly against a very decent Brighton side. Don't think I've enjoyed any more than about ten minutes of five games I've seen of Reading this season.

Can I just suggest keeping your Reading viewing at a minimum then? :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 28 Feb 2017, 20:00

Sound advice.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 06 Mar 2017, 06:28

It certainly did the trick this weekend anyway :D

Of course another big test next up, I don't expect a win against a clearly high flying Newcastle, but not losing will make me happy.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 13 Mar 2017, 15:29

Well, Warren Joyce finally sacked after 24 long, miserable games. A stupid appointment following a stupid sacking, and no doubt our teenage chairman will hire another first-time manager on the cheap, to guide us down to League One.

On the other hand, a first-time manager would be better than Owen Coyle or Steve Bruce again.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Apr 2017, 14:58

We are headed for relegation.

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Sporting Life”