Ema Raducanu

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Ema Raducanu

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Oct 2022, 20:38

ChrisB wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:I

And your jubilation/derision regarding her injuries is - frankly- bizarre and more than a little bit unpleasant.

Let's get one thing straight, there is certainly no jubilation regarding her injuries. My derision.....can we call it bewilderment regarding the amount of injuries ...well we now have the news that she had pulled out of the Transylvania open with a wrist injury and will probably miss tournaments for the next month. Surely it can't all be down to bad luck.

I don't know. Any more than you do. I guess that's why they employ doctors. Because they're qualified.

As for whether her family, team etc know about whether she is physically up for a career in the game - who knows? I'm guessing they're probably better equipped than you are to decide that. And hopefully, if it's obvious she isn't - they'll make the decision then. But I'm guessing it won't be made when she's 19.

No matter how much you seem to want that.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 07 Oct 2022, 20:54

Diamond Dog wrote:
ChrisB wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:I

And y toour jubilation/derision regarding her injuries is - frankly- bizarre and more than a little bit unpleasant.

Let's get one thing straight, there is certainly no jubilation regarding her injuries. My derision.....can we call it bewilderment regarding the amount of injuries ...well we now have the news that she had pulled out of the Transylvania open with a wrist injury and will probably miss tournaments for the next month. Surely it can't all be down to bad luck.

I don't know. Any more than you do. I guess that's why they employ doctors. Because they're qualified.

As for whether her family, team etc know about whether she is physically up for a career in the game - who knows? I'm guessing they're probably better equipped than you are to decide that. And hopefully, if it's obvious she isn't - they'll make the decision then. But I'm guessing it won't be made when she's 19.

No matter how much you seem to want that.

I have absolutely no idea where this assumption that I want her to retire comes from. My very first post was saying, after the US Open, let's see how things pan out instead of every man and his dog planning her future. Then we had the losses, the injuries, the losses in less and less important tournaments, her world rankings plummeting but she was still, somehow , Britain's number one. You think I'm cynical? One journalist said that she picked up her injuries by attending too many red carpet events. My concern now is that nobody in her camp seem to give a fuck. She's a cash cow and seems to be getting milked to the detriment of her well being. The really angry people are her fans who have paid a fortune in advance for tickets to see her play only to find out she pulled out of a tournament and the tickets are non refundable
Last edited by ChrisB on 07 Oct 2022, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Oct 2022, 21:23

ChrisB wrote:My very first post was saying, after the US Open, let's see how things pan out instead of every man and his dog planning her future.

That would be the media - again.

You need to direct your wrath towards those that are causing you such obvious anguish.
Cocaine

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 07 Oct 2022, 21:27

Indeed! I shall write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Star and ask them to start a "Save our Emma" campaign

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Oct 2022, 21:35

ChrisB wrote:Indeed! I shall write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Star and ask them to start a "Save our Emma" campaign

To be fair, you sound the type :)
Cocaine

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 07 Oct 2022, 21:42

Diamond Dog wrote:
ChrisB wrote:Indeed! I shall write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Star and ask them to start a "Save our Emma" campaign

To be fair, you sound the type :)

A man needs a hobby. The irony is, I don't even watch tennis. Perhaps Emma was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Emma's been binned ..... you're on your own now, kiddo. Now, what are your views on Women's Football ? :evil:

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 27 Oct 2022, 13:36

Another coach gone.

As I said a few weeks ago, I suspect she needs to get away from her Dad.

Dmitry Tursunov says "red flags" convinced him to stop coaching British number one Emma Raducanu.

The Russian says he advised former US Open champion Raducanu, 19, and her team that she needed to listen to "one voice".

Tursunov, Raducanu's fourth coach in 15 months, said: "I felt like there were going to be problems later."

"I could have stuck around, I could have agreed on everything that her team proposed, but, deep down, I felt like that wasn't the right thing to do," said Tursunov.

"She's absolutely great, she's a hard worker and she doesn't think or act like she's a superstar," Tursunov said of Raducanu. "She is hungry to improve and is obsessed with tennis. It's quite a rare combination.

"So I really loved working with her, and I really wanted to make it work. It was a very difficult decision for me to walk away from a player that I like and respect.

"I felt it was going to be an interesting project. I was really hoping to find a solution to continue, but, in the end, we just couldn't agree on the terms so I had to leave."

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 29 Oct 2022, 10:41

And now pulled out of the Billy Jean King tournament.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 05 Jan 2023, 12:23

"Emma Raducanu suffers ankle injury ahead of Australian Open and retires from ASB Classic last-16 match in tears
Britain's Emma Raducanu, who retired injured from matches four times in 2022, was forced to withdraw injured and in tears vs Slovakia's Viktoria Kuzmova in Auckland due to an ankle injury at the last-16 stage of the ASB Classic"

Groundhog day :?

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 03 May 2023, 18:29

Apparently she needs surgery on both hands and an ankle.

I think if I were her I would bank my grand slam, do a Barty, and have a brilliant life.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 18 Mar 2024, 23:49

"Emma Raducanu has withdrawn from the Miami Open with a lower back injury." MARCH 19th 2024.
And so it continues ......
Madrid Open 24th April
Knocked out first round to player 86th in world.
Excuse "I was tired ". For fucks sake

Return to “Sporting Life”