NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Dr Markus

Re: NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Postby Dr Markus » 01 Dec 2016, 19:58

The Red Heifer wrote:
The Bucks ran Bandwagon Cam, which was pretty pointless I think, it's something you can do with every single team, what makes the Warriors bandwagon suddenly less acceptable than the rest I don't know.

I think it's more a piss take from durrant than anything.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 01 Dec 2016, 20:51

Nah it was them showing fans in Curry shirts along with disparaging comments about when they started supporting them.

It's lucky I've been quite an open fan of the Warriors for the 22 years that I've been a fan, or I might have copped the glory hunter tag, but the people that know me and talk basketball with me know I've supported the Dubs through some utter garbage :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2016, 21:13

The Red Heifer wrote:but the people that know me and talk basketball with me know I've supported the Dubs through some utter garbage :lol:

Amen.

We endured a lot. My fiends from elementary and high school who I played hoops with are enjoying every second.

The Splash Brothers is right - because being a Warriors fan was like trudging through a desert and we've reached that oasis. I'll soak this shit in for as long as I can.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Dec 2016, 16:37

Fuck me - the Dubs and Rockets threw up 88 treys last night. The Warriors always felt like they were coming from behind - they seemed very flat on defense at the start which gave the Rockets confidence and lots of first half turnovers didn't help either.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Dec 2016, 18:51

Got to watch my magic last night against Detroit. They played ok without being good. Payton's got to go, not convinced by Augustine ether. I've a feeling we're gonna "try" and go after a name, but who wants to come to Orlando? The way things are going we need a big name to attracted another big name. It's catch 22, and we've been hurt before with supposed superstars and superstars that were walking hospital bills.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Dec 2016, 19:18

The Great DeFector wrote:Got to watch my magic last night against Detroit. They played ok without being good. Payton's got to go, not convinced by Augustine ether. I've a feeling we're gonna "try" and go after a name, but who wants to come to Orlando? The way things are going we need a big name to attracted another big name. It's catch 22, and we've been hurt before with supposed superstars and superstars that were walking hospital bills.

I watched that game on the NBA channel. I agree with you on Payton. He's a brick layer.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Dec 2016, 19:52

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great DeFector wrote:Got to watch my magic last night against Detroit. They played ok without being good. Payton's got to go, not convinced by Augustine ether. I've a feeling we're gonna "try" and go after a name, but who wants to come to Orlando? The way things are going we need a big name to attracted another big name. It's catch 22, and we've been hurt before with supposed superstars and superstars that were walking hospital bills.

I watched that game on the NBA channel. I agree with you on Payton. He's a brick layer.

Don't mean to kick a guy when he's down but what is going on with his hair? I mean what did he say or describe to the barber the first time he went in?

If I was Vucevic, I'd look to get traded, too good for the bench. If I was a GM I'd be looking for him. Best kept secret in the NBA. He could actually do a great job for you sell ou....guys.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2016, 16:46

Klay - 60 points in three quarters.

I love Klay's response after Curry dumps the ice on him. "Did that cool you off?"

"No, I'm still hot."

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Dec 2016, 15:04

I was doing my daily look over the boxscores and noticed the timberwolves record. I think thibs might be the wrong coach for those kids after all. I was 100% sure he was the right man for the job, but maybe he's a bit too hardcore and intense for these kids. Maybe these pussi....ah kids need the softly softly approach. That team's too talented not to make a run this year, by run I mean aim for the playoffs.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Dec 2016, 16:36

The Great DeFector wrote:I was doing my daily look over the boxscores and noticed the timberwolves record. I think thibs might be the wrong coach for those kids after all. I was 100% sure he was the right man for the job, but maybe he's a bit too hardcore and intense for these kids. Maybe these pussi....ah kids need the softly softly approach. That team's too talented not to make a run this year, by run I mean aim for the playoffs.

I watched them last night and I think I might agree. I kinda compare them to the Lakers, who brought in two main veterans with winning experience, Mozgov and Djeng. They also have a head coach and assistant coach who've been their before and are part of the Lakers' legacy.

At halftime, they had McHale, Chris Webber and Greg Anthony talking about how the Timberwolves don't know how to win and close out games and are missing the veteran presence I mentioned above. McHale also said something interesting that they press too much and you have to learn how to win when you're not having a great game or playing badly, and they haven't developed that skill yet.

If you looked at the Warriors game against the Pacers, Draymond Green only had two points and Curry was 1-5 from the three. Durant only had 20, which he does in his sleep. They still won by 40.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Dec 2016, 01:14

Is Steven A Smith taken seriously over there? He comes across as a dick from what I read and seen of him.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Dec 2016, 16:58

The Great DeFector wrote:Is Steven A Smith taken seriously over there? He comes across as a dick from what I read and seen of him.

We call him Screamin' A. Smith. I don't know if I'd respect anyone who respected him. He used to be a fairly good basketball writer for the Philly paper.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Dec 2016, 17:02

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great DeFector wrote:Is Steven A Smith taken seriously over there? He comes across as a dick from what I read and seen of him.

We call him Screamin' A. Smith. I don't know if I'd respect anyone who respected him. He used to be a fairly good basketball writer for the Philly paper.

So I'm not alone. Cool.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 08 Dec 2016, 18:42

I don't know how anyone can listen to him for more than 2 minutes. Skip Bayless was just as bad and the new guy is even worse. First Take might be the worst sports show out there.
I run out of talent

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Dec 2016, 18:57

I saw a video where he attacked Jackson for not thanking the players he coached enough/at all for his 11 rings. I think deep down he knows how ridiculous James is being with the whole posse thing, so he changed to this shite.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Dec 2016, 19:10

It's interesting the 180 that ESPN has done with Smith. The ratings were really high with Smith and Bayless, don't ask me why, but have tanked. When the ratings were good, Smith was everywhere on ESPN. Now that ratings are bad, I think they realize they over saturated him. He's not nearly on as many times a day anymore.

No times would be too many in my opinion.

He should just stick with NBA stuff. He's knowledgeable there.

The other guy, Max Kellerman, is ESPN's boxing commentator.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 08 Dec 2016, 19:36

Even on the NBA stuff he's a joke, but I got to say his meltdown when the Knicks drafted Porzingis is one of the greatest things ever.
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Dec 2016, 16:14

WG Kaspar wrote:Even on the NBA stuff he's a joke, but I got to say his meltdown when the Knicks drafted Porzingis is one of the greatest things ever.

And he was dead wrong. The Knicks are in third place in the East.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Dec 2016, 00:00

Blake Griffin is 6'10 of pure pussy.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Dec 2016, 00:36

The Xmas DeCorator wrote:Blake Griffin is 6'10 of pure pussy.

You got that right.

Return to “Sporting Life”