NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Teabag
The docker's delight

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Teabag » 22 Nov 2014, 06:52

sloopjohnc wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:I think it's clear from the stories at the end of last season and so far this year that Griffin has a serious case of prima donna. Considering he hasn't done shit in nearly two seasons (injury ravaged or not) you'd think he'd be keeping his head down and proving his point on the pitch, wouldn't you?

I would, but he's already gotten one coach fired and I think he probably feels pretty invincible with Snyder.

Massive case of hubris.

More interesting stuff.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-griffin/

I get the feeling what is coming out of the franchise, from whatever source, is now the sound of people trying to stay employed in 2015. Gruden has to project some kind of promise to the fan base that is becoming very disillusioned with its QB options. RGIII can always fall back on being a shill for Subway, I suppose. Oh! Hold on. That will only continue so long as he is a starting QB in the NFL.

More like hubri$.
I could be wrong. I usually am.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 24 Nov 2014, 09:11

Holy shit.

kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Nov 2014, 11:13

never/ever wrote:Holy shit.

Last night, I was doing stuff around the house and had an idle moment and turned on the game to see what was going just at the moment before that clip starts---I think they were coming back from a commercial break. I watched the replays a few times and figured that was as good as things were going to get. Looks like I was right as I wake up to the gloating of a thousand Dallas fans on FB. :x Glad I saw the catch! Just outrageous.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Nov 2014, 20:54

I think I must've seen that Beckham catch 100 times last night on ESPN.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Nov 2014, 11:32

You reckon that one day the NFL is going to consider changing the way teams qualify for the playoffs? It's ridiculous that the top 2 teams in the NFC South are 4-7 while the AFC North has three teams well above the .500-mark....seems like every year you have these shithouse conferences that don't deserve any of their teams going past the season....

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Nov 2014, 20:07

never/ever wrote:You reckon that one day the NFL is going to consider changing the way teams qualify for the playoffs? It's ridiculous that the top 2 teams in the NFC South are 4-7 while the AFC North has three teams well above the .500-mark....seems like every year you have these shithouse conferences that don't deserve any of their teams going past the season....

I don't have any comments on how to improve it, but I remember when the NFC West was really bad and the Seahawks went in with a losing record. 2-3 years later and you could argue it has the best teams of any division, top to bottom.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Nov 2014, 20:32

sloopjohnc wrote:
never/ever wrote:You reckon that one day the NFL is going to consider changing the way teams qualify for the playoffs? It's ridiculous that the top 2 teams in the NFC South are 4-7 while the AFC North has three teams well above the .500-mark....seems like every year you have these shithouse conferences that don't deserve any of their teams going past the season....

I don't have any comments on how to improve it, but I remember when the NFC West was really bad and the Seahawks went in with a losing record. 2-3 years later and you could argue it has the best teams of any division, top to bottom.

The NCAA-ranking system may also be hotly debated but at least it rewards the top teams in the country, regardless of division.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Nov 2014, 21:35

never/ever wrote:The NCAA-ranking system may also be hotly debated but at least it rewards the top teams in the country, regardless of division.

Baseball used to have just two divisions per league, NL and AL - East and West.

You had the same teams competing each year and five or six teams that never sniffed the surface. As the league grew, they split off into East, West and Central.

I'm guessing that's why the NFL does it too - too many teams for two divisions and they want to keep some interest in regional divisions. I think any league's use of the wild card is to allow stronger teams in strong divisions to get past on merit vs. winning, but overall crappy teams in weak divisions.

Like I said, I don't know how to fix it but I think it ebbs and flows between divisions for the most part. I can live with that.

Teabag
The docker's delight

Postby Teabag » 27 Nov 2014, 04:41

Mrs Teabag is in Canada with her parents for the weekend. I am in the States on my own for Thanksgiving, so it will be NFL coverage for the day as far as I am concerned.

I think the Bears, despite being generally useless, will take the Lions in the first televised game. Stafford and the Lion's O are still not on the same page, although I would love to be proven wrong.The Eagles vs The Cowboys will be an interesting match up as it could go either way depending upon how good the QB feels on either side. Both Romo & Sanchez want to prove themselves this season. By the time the evening game comes on my screen I will be too tired to know what is happening.
I could be wrong. I usually am.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 28 Nov 2014, 02:55

The college fans are rabid in the US, esp. in the South, I think. In Florida you cain't turn around without seeing Gators merchandise.

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 28 Nov 2014, 02:56

Grey Cup next Sunday! GO Ti-Cats!

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 28 Nov 2014, 03:00

Oh and

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Nov 2014, 14:01

never/ever wrote:Holy shit.

It's no fluke either. The NFL had a clip earlier in the season with his pre match practice being one handed catches... this is it from a different news outlet...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/odell-b ... r-practice

It's an incredible catch, nonetheless!
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Nov 2014, 20:42

In what could quite possibly be a taster of the Superbowl , the Packers entertain the Patriots in a massive game tomorrow night. Rodgers is playing quite brilliantly at the moment but I just think New England may be able to do enough with the ball to temper Green Bay getting away from them and...if it comes down to coaching....you have to like Bellichick.....
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Nov 2014, 15:19

sloopjohnc wrote:

Interesting piece from the NFL Network....seems the idea of changing seeds was discussed last in 2008 and roundly voted down.

I don't see that changing in the near future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -in-future
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Dec 2014, 00:59

Diamond Dog wrote:In what could quite possibly be a taster of the Superbowl , the Packers entertain the Patriots in a massive game tomorrow night. Rodgers is playing quite brilliantly at the moment but I just think New England may be able to do enough with the ball to temper Green Bay getting away from them and...if it comes down to coaching....you have to like Bellichick.....

Great game, very close. Rodgers is playing as well as any QB I can recall, over half a season, at present. He is consistently choosing the right option and exudes confidence. The whole of their O, including the line, are playing some wonderful stuff at the moment. And their D isn'y too shabby either.

I think the Pats got away from the run a bit too much tonight. If they do get to play the Superbowl against Green Bay, I may still fancy them to turn this result around.

But it would be a hell of a final.
Cocaine

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2014, 16:31

The spoiled brat that he is, Niners owner Jed York, tweeted that he apologized to the fans for the Thanksgiving game.

I bet the players and coaching staff appreciated that one.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Dec 2014, 16:46

sloopjohnc wrote:The spoiled brat that he is, Niners owner Jed York, tweeted that he apologized to the fans for the Thanksgiving game.

There is some serious shit going on there at the moment John isn't there? Didn't the wife/daughter of one of the offensive coaches tweet that the playcalling by the offensive co-ordinator was poor, or suchlike?

Not good. But their performance against Seattle was atrocious.

The Chargers kept their season alive with an incredible last minute come from behind victory at Baltimore. Rivers has had a poor month but he was sensational last night.
Cocaine

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Dec 2014, 17:50

Diamond Dog wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:The spoiled brat that he is, Niners owner Jed York, tweeted that he apologized to the fans for the Thanksgiving game.

There is some serious shit going on there at the moment John isn't there? Didn't the wife/daughter of one of the offensive coaches tweet that the playcalling by the offensive co-ordinator was poor, or suchlike?

Not good. But their performance against Seattle was atrocious.

The Chargers kept their season alive with an incredible last minute come from behind victory at Baltimore. Rivers has had a poor month but he was sensational last night.

It was the daughter of the GM tweeting about the offensive coordinator. After the tweet, her account was deactivated.

I'm a Rivers' fan and that was some gunslingin' going on between him and Flaco.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Dec 2014, 18:20

Yeah I think Rivers was possibly the best QB in the league this season up until the past month - and what Rodgers has been doing too.

What about the young RB at Denver, John - CJ Anderson? Maybe they've finally found a bit of balance.
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”