Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 11:22

NP

Next up

Shame they didn’t do more like this.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby ChrisB » 06 Aug 2022, 11:46

Absolutely. Magnificent music without a hint of irony. Dukes and Temples keep/kept the psychedelic flag flying.

robertff

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 16:09

slightbreeze wrote:Absolutely. Magnificent music without a hint of irony. Dukes and Temples keep/kept the psychedelic flag flying.

Have you tried Green Seagull?

robertff

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 17:44

This lot were progressive with their music.

C
Robust

Postby C » 06 Aug 2022, 18:22

robertff wrote:Image

This lot were progressive with their music.

Indeed -a really good album

NP

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 06 Aug 2022, 19:52

There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 06 Aug 2022, 19:54

I can't do the picture. Really like this Lou Reed performance.

Is there a bad version of Heroin?
Perhaps on Live In Italy.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 06 Aug 2022, 20:02

robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:Absolutely. Magnificent music without a hint of irony. Dukes and Temples keep/kept the psychedelic flag flying.

This is either an Alan Partridge ruse or they are a psych band. If they are a band, no, I've never heard of them. Recommended?

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 06 Aug 2022, 20:48

I have had had a nasty debilitating virus (seems to be an indie virus rather than one of the poxes that get all the media attention) and have been off work or working from home all week.

I have really, really enjoyed sitting in the garden with a huge Stephen King novel and one of the Uncut Ultimate Music Guides to reread. King Crimson, Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Kate Bush, Hendrix. After a while I come in and play on the stereo whatever I have been reading about, for an hour or more.

It has been keeping me sane, and dare I say, happy even.

Best moments of enlightenment:

The alternate Zeppelin stuff on the reissues from 2014-15. I thought they were just alternate/rough mixes with barely perceptible differences. True in some cases, but in others there are startlingly different versions and unreleased material. Really groovin' on the two versions of Physical Graffiti's In The Light, one on that CD's reissue and the second on the vastly extended Coda reissue. Very different versions!

King Crimson massive Thrak boxed set with visual stuff and several complete live shows from the tour. Got the box when Rat Records shut up shop in June. Sick days are just made for exploring these hours-long boxes.

Grateful Dead Europe 1972. Fifty years ago. Just got the 4CD set of the very last show of the tour at the Lyceum in London, released separate from the 80 CD box that now goes for well over a grand. The last Lyceum show is cheap as chips now, all Dead fans require this.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/reviews/album/g ... on-139439/

I have never heard a Hendrix live recording I did not like, apart from that club date with Jim Morrison, Woke Up One Morning And Found Myself Dead bootleg. That sucks balls and everyone knows it. Winterland 1968 - magnifique!

And Kate is just always Kate. I love hearing the Before The Dawn live set and wondering how much was from the night I was at the show - certainly it was filmed that night.

Also, that line 'Before The Dawn' was sung by Peter Gabriel on her 1979 winter special (currently on BBC iPlayer), when he sang 'Here Comes The Flood' at the piano.

Coincidence? I think not.
"They love hating the music they hate nearly as much as they love loving the music they love"

- Andrew Mueller It's Too Late To Die Young Now

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Aug 2022, 22:26

robertff wrote:

Shame you couldn't be bothered to vote in the cup this year, as I put "Vanishing Girl" in my list.

Mike Boom and Rayge took issue with the Dukes cut.

C
Robust

Postby C » 06 Aug 2022, 22:52

LMG wrote:I have had had a nasty debilitating virus (seems to be an indie virus rather than one of the poxes that get all the media attention) and have been off work or working from home all week.

I have really, really enjoyed sitting in the garden with a huge Stephen King novel and one of the Uncut Ultimate Music Guides to reread. King Crimson, Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Kate Bush, Hendrix. After a while I come in and play on the stereo whatever I have been reading about, for an hour or more.

It has been keeping me sane, and dare I say, happy even.

Best moments of enlightenment:

The alternate Zeppelin stuff on the reissues from 2014-15. I thought they were just alternate/rough mixes with barely perceptible differences. True in some cases, but in others there are startlingly different versions and unreleased material. Really groovin' on the two versions of Physical Graffiti's In The Light, one on that CD's reissue and the second on the vastly extended Coda reissue. Very different versions!

King Crimson massive Thrak boxed set with visual stuff and several complete live shows from the tour. Got the box when Rat Records shut up shop in June. Sick days are just made for exploring these hours-long boxes.

Grateful Dead Europe 1972. Fifty years ago. Just got the 4CD set of the very last show of the tour at the Lyceum in London, released separate from the 80 CD box that now goes for well over a grand. The last Lyceum show is cheap as chips now, all Dead fans require this.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/reviews/album/g ... on-139439/

I have never heard a Hendrix live recording I did not like, apart from that club date with Jim Morrison, Woke Up One Morning And Found Myself Dead bootleg. That sucks balls and everyone knows it. Winterland 1968 - magnifique!

And Kate is just always Kate. I love hearing the Before The Dawn live set and wondering how much was from the night I was at the show - certainly it was filmed that night.

Also, that line 'Before The Dawn' was sung by Peter Gabriel on her 1979 winter special (currently on BBC iPlayer), when he sang 'Here Comes The Flood' at the piano.

Coincidence? I think not.

Nice post

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

robertff

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 23:13

Matt Wilson wrote:
robertff wrote:

Shame you couldn't be bothered to vote in the cup this year, as I put "Vanishing Girl" in my list.

Mike Boom and Rayge took issue with the Dukes cut.

I was under the impression that only those who took part could vote and as I didn't take part I didn't vote - is that not so?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Aug 2022, 23:37

Nope

robertff

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 09:44

Matt Wilson wrote:Nope

Oh well, I didn't vote, such is life.

robertff

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 10:04

slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:

This is either an Alan Partridge ruse or they are a psych band. If they are a band, no, I've never heard of them. Recommended?

Whimsical psych 60’s sounding stuff from a contemporary band. Pop orientated but they have captured the sound of 60’s pop/psych. I like it but if 60’s whimsical pop/psych isn’t your thing then leave alone, try before you buy. Check out the review below.

https://moofmag.com/2018/03/18/album-re ... let-fever/

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 07 Aug 2022, 11:28

Will certainly give it a go. I've got more psych in my collection than Tangerine Dream, Neil Young and all my prog combined, but a little extra won't harm.

robertff

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 12:01

slightbreeze wrote:Will certainly give it a go. I've got more psych in my collection than Tangerine Dream, Neil Young and all my prog combined, but a little extra won't harm.

They’ve got a second out called Cloud Cover, think I might buy it.

NP

Green Seagull - Scarlet Fever - better than I remembered.

robertff

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 12:45

NP

Heavy metal I expect. ;)

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 07 Aug 2022, 12:52

With a really tinny sound

robertff