Prog Synch Listen: David Gilmour. Short and Sweet

Do talk back
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Re: Prog Synch Listen: David Gilmour, Friday 6th Sept @ 9pm (UK)

Postby soundchaser » 06 Sep 2019, 22:11

C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:
It will probably be a while before I play any Floyd post ( & not including) Dark Side. Partly burn out, partly just finding the sound rather too polished for my taste.

It's A Saucerful, Meddle and Atom Heart for me.

I dislike The Wall and only heard The Final Cut once.

That was enough

I entirely agree re: the polish of Dark Side and Wish You

I love The Wall, so have to disagree with your assessment. But that’s me.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: Prog Synch Listen: David Gilmour. Short and Sweet

Postby kath » 07 Sep 2019, 01:58

i wanna thank y'all so much, for the lovely toasts and whatnot. i wanted to make this. but my plans seem to get... waylaid. less than two weeks to move, and i am nowhere near where i need to be. mwhaha. (<--more maniacal and deranged than it may appear.)

but while i'm here...

i love all eras of floyd, and that includes solo floyd.

as all things flerdian go... my fave album is animals. what some of ye call the "polish" of wish you were here or dark side, animals takes the mature talent (musically and lyrically) and turns it into orwellian, dystopian, pastoral punk. my fave gilmour gweetar is on animals. some of the best wright music. and my fave rogerian lyrics, poetic even, before they went wall.

then again, i have written novels about animals already on this board. (suddenly, i am feeling so much love for yomp. sniff.)

all that being said, i played lucifer sam at my wedding reception... i sing meddle in my sleep... and i am just an all around floyd freak.

i smacketh upon ye all. it will take the move and settling for me to get back to this. but i will.

salut.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Sep 2019, 03:29

kath wrote:i wanna thank y'all so much, for the lovely toasts and whatnot. i wanted to make this. but my plans seem to get... waylaid. less than two weeks to move, and i am nowhere near where i need to be. mwhaha. (<--more maniacal and deranged than it may appear.)

but while i'm here...

as all things flerdian go... my fave album is animals. what some of ye call the "polish" of wish you were here or dark side, animals takes the mature talent (musically and lyrically) and turns it into orwellian, dystopian, pastoral punk. my fave gilmour gweetar is on animals. some of the best wright music. and my fave rogerian lyrics, poetic even, before they went wall.

then again, i have written novels about animals already on this board. (suddenly, i am feeling so much love for yomp. sniff.)

all that being said, i played lucifer sam at my wedding reception... i sing meddle in my sleep... and i am just an all around floyd freak.

i smacketh upon ye all. it will take the move and settling for me to get back to this. but i will.

salut.

May you get nearer where you need to be soon, lovely kath. You're always in our thoughts. xxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 07 Sep 2019, 06:06

kath wrote:i wanna thank y'all so much, for the lovely toasts and whatnot. i wanted to make this. but my plans seem to get... waylaid. less than two weeks to move, and i am nowhere near where i need to be. mwhaha. (<--more maniacal and deranged than it may appear.)

but while i'm here...

salut.

Will be wonderful to have you back Kath. You’ve been missed. Animals is such an incredible album: I still can’t believe that the band never professionally recorded the In The Flesh tour, of which we have the Oakland bootleg as a souvenir of what could heave been. The Fools!

C
Robust

Postby C » 07 Sep 2019, 08:39

kath wrote:my fave album is animals.

It's a superb album and my fourth fave.

The guitar work is just stunning.

I haven't got a problem with Dark Side or Wish You but played them to death at the time, and as somebody else said, burnt out on them.

I have four 'go to' albums and occasionally More when I am in the mood

Salut

*schmack*

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 07 Sep 2019, 20:38

but while i'm here...

salut.

Moving is one of my forms of hell, pray it goes smoothly for you.

Meddle & Piper are my favourite two Floyd albums, I did hugely love DSOTM & WYWH, am more burnt out with them than anything else.

Looking forward to having you back on board!

Return to “Yakety Yak”