Prog Synch Listen - In Memoriam: Malcolm Young - AC / DC - Let There Be Rock - Friday 24th Nov @ 9pm

Do talk back
Nancy
Daft Sod

Re: Prog Synch Listen - In Memoriam: Malcolm Young - AC / DC - Let There Be Rock - Friday 24th Nov @ 9pm

Postby Nancy » 24 Nov 2017, 21:41

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING MALCOLM!!!!!
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

C
Robust

Re: Prog Synch Listen - In Memoriam: Malcolm Young - AC / DC - Let There Be Rock - Friday 24th Nov @ 9pm

Postby C » 24 Nov 2017, 21:42

Nancy wrote:From Wikipedia:

The band replicates its live sound, with literally explosive results; as recounted in Clifton Walker's Highway to Hell, one of the most oft-repeated stories concerning AC/DC's studio methods emanates from these sessions: Angus' smoking amp during the recording of the album's final track, Whole Lotta Rosie. As he was overdubbing the guitar solo, his amp began to fuse out and smoke began to fill the studio. George Young gestured wildly from behind the desk to keep going. "There was no way," Walker quotes the producer, "we were going to stop a shit-hot performance for a technical reason like amps blowing up!"

great story

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 24 Nov 2017, 21:42

John aka Josh wrote:Saving the best till last?

Twist & Shout had to be the last track on Please Please Me.

Don't think any of the previous songs top this.

it is awesomeness, is what it is

kath

Postby kath » 24 Nov 2017, 21:42

C wrote:
Nancy wrote:From Wikipedia:

The band replicates its live sound, with literally explosive results; as recounted in Clifton Walker's Highway to Hell, one of the most oft-repeated stories concerning AC/DC's studio methods emanates from these sessions: Angus' smoking amp during the recording of the album's final track, Whole Lotta Rosie. As he was overdubbing the guitar solo, his amp began to fuse out and smoke began to fill the studio. George Young gestured wildly from behind the desk to keep going. "There was no way," Walker quotes the producer, "we were going to stop a shit-hot performance for a technical reason like amps blowing up!"

great story

truly.

C
Robust

Postby C » 24 Nov 2017, 21:43

Nancy wrote:THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING MALCOLM!!!!!

agreed

thank you malcom - a great legacy

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 24 Nov 2017, 21:43

A blast from start to blistering end.

Thanks to all, have great weekends.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 24 Nov 2017, 21:43

Oh man, that went too fast.

Thank you all for the united joyousness of listening to AC/DC - RIP Malcolm, and George too.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

C
Robust

Postby C » 24 Nov 2017, 21:44

thanks all

rumours of rory next week.......

Nancy
Daft Sod

Postby Nancy » 24 Nov 2017, 21:44

A perfect album enjoyed in stellar company. Special thanks to Fange for getting up early above and beyond the call of duty to join us.
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 24 Nov 2017, 21:46

Nancy wrote:A perfect album enjoyed in stellar company. Special thanks to Fange for getting up early above and beyond the call of duty to join us.

Had to do it for Malcolm's sake. One of my favouritest albums of all time, a true bedrock of my music-loving foundations. Cheers all!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

kath

Postby kath » 24 Nov 2017, 21:47

Nancy wrote:THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING MALCOLM!!!!!

i wish to reiterate this sentiment.

thanks be to all. (and fanjjjje! are you awake now? mwhaha. what time is it over there?)

such a fantastic fucquin album. just a piece of pure rock numminess. i will always love it. i will always have time for it. it happifies me at such a core level... i run out of wordage. reap has stolen my drumstick, by the way. his badness level is very high.

i hope everyone has a great weekend.

::smacksmacksmack::

Return to “Yakety Yak”